Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Help with dealer/option dispute

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Default Help with dealer/option dispute

Hi. I am new here and just bought a new 07 Marine Blue Pearl Signature Series. I have a dispute with the dealer about the options on the car. The window sticker states that with the 29W package I get "19 x 7.5 5-Spoke UltraBright Aluminum Wheels and P235/55R19 BSW AS Performance Tires". Now there is another option item (separate from 29W) that is a $40 charge for "17 x 7.5" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels".

The tires and wheels on the car are 17" with a plastic or aluminum "clading" (another term for hub cap)and Michelin 235/65/R17 MXV4 Plus tires. The dealer is telling me that the 17"s are an upgrade from the 19" package. Is this true? Has anyone else run intoan issue with the option list not matching the car?

The dealer is well established and I don't think they did anything wrong. I think that Chrysler might have had a supply chain problem or perhaps are trying to reduce the COGs on their vehicles.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Default RE: Help with dealer/option dispute

Well I just got back from the dealer. They agreed to swap the wheels and tires with another Signature Series. I must say that I am impressed. They did push back a little but in the end they did what was right for me the customer. I think the car handles better with those lower profile tires, plus the car looks GREAT! The other style "plastic bling" wheels looked cheap.

Egolf Chrysler in Hendersonville, NC has addressed all my inital issues and have proven to be customer driven. They also advertise and conduct business on Ebay. Anyone considering buying a car from Egolf Chrysler Dodge should not hesitate to do so.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:51 PM
ace
Default RE: Help with dealer/option dispute

Yeah you really gotta look at the fine print heh. I am glad they helped you out. Its good to hear from people that other dealers are helping out customers. The only time i hear about another dealer is when they are getting bashed from a customer who was not happy with them.
And good call on theose rims the chrome clad ones have issues with delamination. Well at least the older ones did not sure if they updated or changed them