Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Help! No speedo, tach, temp, or gas gauges!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Default Help! No speedo, tach, temp, or gas gauges!

I have a 2007 pacifica 4.0 awd. i don't have the fancy cluster with the nav or backup camera. my car sat for a few days and i started it up to find that the speedo, tach,temp and gas gauges don't work. all the lights come on on the cluster except the message box in the lower left corner. the mileage and gear selection box is light up fine. i tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't help. Is my cluster dead or is there other problems going on?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:06 PM

btw....the car starts and runs fine.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 AM

dormant75,

I checked TSB's for the 2007 model year Pacifica and do not see any that related to concern described in your post. On the surface it does sound like a failed instrument cluster.

The Instrument Cluster (IC) is located in the instrument panel and provides the driver with vehicle speed (speedometer), engine speed (tachometer), fuel level (fuel gauge), engine temperature (temperature gauge), gear position (PRND8), odometer and two trip odometers with MPH or Km/h unit displayed and compass mini trip information. The instrument cluster displays various status and warning messages using a re-configurable Vacuum Fluorescent (VF) display. Fixed ISO indicators and the fixed VF displays provide the following status and warning indicators using hard indicators:
  • Low Fuel
  • High Engine Temperature
  • Right and Left Turn Signals
  • ABS
  • Traction Control or Acceleration Skid Control (ASR)
  • Brake
  • Seat Belt
  • Airbag
  • Battery Charging Failure
  • High Beam
  • Oil Pressure
  • Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)
  • Front Fog lamps
  • Cruise Set (Right VF Display)
  • Overdrive Off (Right VF Display)
  • AutoStick (Right VF Display)
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring
  • EVIC Display (Left VF Display)
  • Electronic Stability Program (ESP)/Brake Assist System (BAS) - (if equipped)
  • Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
  • All-Wheel Drive (AWD!) - (if AWD equipped)
The cluster Thin Filmed Transistor (TFT) screen (if so equipped) shall have the capability to display vehicle navigation information (such as maps and turn-by-turn direction) as input by the navigation module.

With all that said I would certainly recommend getting a professional diagnosis from your local dealer before spending money on a new cluster just in case its something as simple.