Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

How to Power Pacifica Gauge Cluster?????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Default How to Power Pacifica Gauge Cluster?????????

Tried to power this gauge cluster with 8 aa rechargeable batteries creating 12volts or technically 9.6volts since rechargeables are 1.2 and alkaline are 1.5.
Not sure how to connect it, ive tried connecting positive to the red wire and negative to all the pinkish colored wires with red dots on them. Nothing happened but a slight noise. Im trying to get all the lights to come on. dont know how. Pictures below of the chip, wires and power source. thanks

Old 04-21-2015, 09:09 PM

????????????

Old 04-23-2015, 06:45 PM

Connecting Power everywhere like this is the best way to fry the chip! Many of the wires are carrying low-voltage data signals.
Just adding Power will probably not show you anything on the display.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by haio
Connecting Power everywhere like this is the best way to fry the chip! Many of the wires are carrying low-voltage data signals.
so what would you recommend?

Old 04-26-2015, 03:26 AM

I don't know why you want to Power it up?
hook it up to a cars wire harness, or get hold of the scematics for it. Without there are nothing you could do, even if you know electronics. Applying power by random will damage it!

Old 04-26-2015, 11:31 PM

living proof here, and I supposedly know what I'm doing or so I'm told
Replaced Intrepid cluster with the Black face/chrome ring Concorde cluster
auto-stick. while clusters out I replaced all 10 cluster lights w/ blue LED's. Well to get polarity right I put it on my bench w/ 12v supply, I found the shared ground and the B+, and put in the LED's, if it didn't light, just rotated it 180
well I was sloppy, just trying to hold 12v, ground, twisting 194's, well ground wire kept slipping off, so in haste just assumed this one IC heat sink was ground...it was NOT..lol, gotta "SNAP", then checked everything and wired it right like 1st time. all LED's lit up, ok, SEEMS ok...put back in car and during day looked ok, but I must have popped a diode because 90% of all the little warning lights such as seat,oil,engine,trac,etc are on, flicker, not fully bright but still very noticeable, hate it. Going to either have to trace down the bad diode or reg...or hit the yard and get another PC board.

Be Warned

PS: Sorry bout the crappy pic

Old 04-27-2015, 09:04 PM

I don't know why you want to Power it up?
hook it up to a cars wire harness, or get hold of the scematics for it. Without there are nothing you could do, even if you know electronics. Applying power by random will damage it!
trying to make a cool lamp out of it, it was an extra part i did not need.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=Hw00d;88707]living proof here, and I supposedly know what I'm doing or so I'm told
Replaced Intrepid cluster with the Black face/chrome ring Concorde cluster
auto-stick. while clusters out I replaced all 10 cluster lights w/ blue LED's. Well to get polarity right I put it on my bench w/ 12v supply, I found the shared ground and the B+, and put in the LED's, if it didn't light, just rotated it 180
well I was sloppy, just trying to hold 12v, ground, twisting 194's, well ground wire kept slipping off, so in haste just assumed this one IC heat sink was ground...it was NOT..lol, gotta "SNAP", then checked everything and wired it right like 1st time. all LED's lit up, ok, SEEMS ok...put back in car and during day looked ok, but I must have popped a diode because 90% of all the little warning lights such as seat,oil,engine,trac,etc are on, flicker, not fully bright but still very noticeable, hate it. Going to either have to trace down the bad diode or reg...or hit the yard and get another PC board.

Be Warned

can you simplify this