Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Input on the Pacifica for potential buyer? I have

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Default Input on the Pacifica for potential buyer? I have

read many posts and performed a search and appear to find on this forum many more unsatisified customers/owners than I did on another Pac forum. I was leaning towards buying one and trying to narrow down price/options on a used 05, but am now leary of reliability.

My personal experience that has kept me away from domestic vehicles is the lack of quality, lack of reliability and huge drop in value. The huge drop in value is actually what directed me to the Pac. I figure if I can get a 25k mileage 2 year old car for well under 1/2 of list price new I am in good shape. But the more I read so many owners have issues with leaky windows, tranny problems, fuel gauge issues, stalling, thumping noises in the front end, etc. Are these problems more a norm or a rarity?

I am in search of something to haul my wife and I and 3 kids. I currently have an Audi Allroad, but it will not fit the newborn on the way very well. I would prefer not to go back to the minivan route and hoped that the Pac would be a nice alternative.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Default RE: Input on the Pacifica for potential buyer? I have

I have an '04 Pacifica and love it. I have 3 other cars, two Mercedes anda Nissan. The Pacifica is the family favorite for trips. It is very comfortable and rides well. We have even taken it on a 3,200 mile trip.

My Pacifica does not have a lot of extras. The only issues have been some loose bolts that needed retorquing.

No matter what the brand, I personally distrust lots of electionic gadgets. I don't be vehicles with AWD either. I owned one a decade ago and that was enough.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Default RE: Input on the Pacifica for potential buyer? I have

I have to say I have never been a Chrysler fan. I do like the look many of their vehicles, but the reliability factor has never been there in my mind as well as rapid depreciation. I was set on getting a Pac until I ran across this forum and read so many common issues which has lead me to believe it must be somewhat legit.

I still hope to pick up one and prove myself wrong. The price is right and options are right for my needs. I could pay cash for an 05 and be very pleased providing it is not a service nightmare.