Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Warning to Chrysler Pacifica owners/potential buyers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Default Warning to Chrysler Pacifica owners/potential buyers

We bought our 05 Pac and love it minus one very critical issue that has surfaced... It inconsitantly stalls in slow speed manuevering (i.e. crossing three lanes of oncoming traffic while turning left) and going around bends. Apparently this is a common issue to other owners and dealer service departments but Chrysler corp themselves refuse to acknowledge the problem and said it hasn't even been reported before. There are at least 22 complaints in the NHTSA database on this issue. 2004s were recalled early on for this exact issue but the fix is in the 05s.

I'm just sending the warning to anyone who might be considering a Pacifica to look elsewhere, caveat emptor. If you have one and it does this then file a complaint with NHTSA so Chrysler will get some pressure to begin acting responsibly.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Warning to Chrysler Pacifica owners/potential buyers

2004s were recalled early on for this exact issue........ but the fix is in the 05s.
Yours was not fixed?

-Matt-

Old 10-09-2005, 04:05 PM

I hav experienced this problem twice with my 2005 Pac. Both times while making a fairly slow left turn into a driveway or street. My Pac was built in April 2005. So the FIX is NOT IN the 2005.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:06 AM

I have a 2004 and it has stalled on me also, like going down ahill very slow, and a couple other times.........You say it was recalled ofr this, was it fixed.
I just had a recall for the door and drivers seat.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:04 AM

We have had the same problem with our 2005 Pacifica. It has stalled, without warning, three times while driving. According to the NHTSA, at least 45 other 2005 Pacifica owners have experienced the exact same problem. However, both our dealership and Chrysler's corporate office have refused to acknowledge that there is any problem. On each of the two prior occasions that we took the vehicle in to be fixed, the dealership told us that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle, and that they have never heard of a similar problem with the vehicle.

Our car is leased, and we are afraid to drive it with our children in the vehicle (the last time the car stalled in traffic while we were going 45 mph). If anyone has had a similar problem, and been able to reach some type of a solution with Chrysler, we would appreciate any advice.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
ace

dcx does have a tsb for rough idle for 2004 to 2006 out 05-009-05
i know we had a few pac's come in with that problem and it was the wrong linear iaic solonoid installed by dcx now i cannot say that this is your problems but i know we have fixed a few with that problem

Old 02-21-2006, 03:39 AM

I'm still having problems with my 2004 pacifica doing this down small grades or around corners. I'm terrified I am going to get killed but Chrysler says nothing is wrong???

Also the gas tank on vacation had 1/2 tank 5 miles later was on empty, put $20.00 in it it reads full again, they were recalled for this problem but not my vin number.

I have taken it in for the transmission they say nothing is wrong and again they were recalled for this problem not my vin number??

Tonight coming home #15 instrument panel light comes on Malfunction Indicator Light.................Well it says in the book this light is suppose to turn on when key is in on position and go off, it has never ever turned on until tonight, Now what do I do?? It is not flashing just on.
I can't get rid of this car fast enough I HATE IT, and the service that came along with it, never anything wrong............
I'm in California and concidering a lemon law Attorney.
The drivers door and seat have been recalled and fixed.................

Help
Vicki

Old 03-02-2006, 10:43 PM

Bajavicki, I am not familiar with a stalling condition, but I know there is a TSB to repogram the FCM (Front Control Module) to fix an erratic fuel gauge concern. The Malfunction Indicator is also referred to as a Check Engine Light and could be something as simple as a loose gas cap, needing a tune up or could be a cracked hose. Make sure you have it checked out because it could mean something serious also.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:27 AM

Amazing
I had the engine light come on 2 weeks ago, and they said the gas cap was not put on right. Well it keeps coming on but does not flash.
This car has me so upset so many problems I think I best sell it YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 03:32 PM

Add me to the list of folks that have experienced the low speed stalling issue.
We purchased our 2005 Pacifica in March ('05). It has stalled three times to date. Each time we went to the dealership to register the incident. They were no help at all.
We have registered with the NHTSA and have had the same response from Chrysler corporate as the other fine folks that have posted.
It is a shame because there have been no other issues with the vehicle and it has been a perfect fit to our needs.
I read on another forum that one person was given a black box to record the next occurrence. (human test dummy?)
We are not in a position to trade vehicles.
If someone sees a recall/repair notice for this issue, please post it.

Quick Reply: Warning to Chrysler Pacifica owners/potential buyers