Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

intermittent: 2007 Pacifica cranks but won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Default intermittent: 2007 Pacifica cranks but won't start

The first time this happened (a week ago), I got it to start by moving the gearshift out of and back into Park. Started right up. The next time it happened, no amount of fiddling would fix it. The next morning it started right up. I took it to a dealer and they seem baffled by it (got a tech stranded during a road test and had to tow it back in.)

The dealer wants to replace the ECM for $1,000, but I'm not convinced they're not just guessing. If that doesn't fix it I'm out of luck.

Any ideas? (I also have an issue with the hatch release I'm going to post in a different thread)

Old 09-17-2012, 12:49 PM

Correction, just talked to the shop. They want to replace the PDC (power dist. center?), AKA fusebox. This makes more sense as it may explain the other problem with hatch release and reverse lights.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has an 8 year / 80,000 mile warranty.

This vehicle does not have a PDC. They must be referring to the Integrated Power Module (IPM) which is mounted in the engine compartment, next to the battery. The IPM houses all fuses and relays for the vehicle.

Fuse and relay information is laser etched inside surface of the hinged cover. As well as housing fuses and relays, the IPM is an electrical control and interface center in the engine compartment. It provides and distributes information to the rest of the vehicle. The IPM controls the following features:

Controlled Power Feeds:

BTSI
EATX module power
Front airbag system
Front and rear marker lamps
Front and rear park lamps
Front fog lamp
Headlamp power (High/Low beam)
License plate lamp

Relay Controls:

Accessory relay
Door node relay
EBL relay
Front and rear blower relay
Front wiper HI/LOW relay
Front wiper ON relay
Horn relay
Run relay
Fuel pump relay

There is a TSB for a hard / no start after a recent fuel fill up.
25-003-10
SUBJECT:
Mil Illumination And/Or Hard Start Or No Start
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing a Fuel/Vapor Separator in the evaporative system. This part is placed at the junction where the vapor lines connect the fuel tank, canister and purge valve together.
MODELS:
2007 - 2008 (CS) Pacific
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The vehicle operator may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
· Mil Illumination for P0452 - Evap Pressure Switch Stuck Closed
· Hard to start. Most likely when fuel tank is full from a recent over fill event.
· No start. Most likely when fuel tank is full from recent over fill event.
These conditions can be caused by fuel that has accumulated in the evaporative lines:
· A liquid sump can trap negative pressure in the canister line even though the fuel
tank is vented. The ESIM switch may remain closed due to the blockage.
· Liquid fuel can be pulled into the purge valve and create a hard to start condition.
Installing this Fuel/Vapor Separator will ensure that no liquid will enter the purge valve and the canister line will communicate properly to the fuel tank.