Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

"Invalid Key & Fob"

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Unhappy "Invalid Key & Fob"

I am having trouble with starting my 05 Pacifica, get a message that says "Invalid Key & fob" Then car dies. If I put my foot on brake and shift into drive I can bypass the car dying. This happened over the weekend, however I could not go into drive because of how I was parked so I tried reverse which caused the car to die completely and then had trouble getting the battery to take a charge. I only have one key my other was in my purse that was stolen. I have replaced the battery inside the key.

Any thought or suggestions?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 PM

Did you ever find an answer to your problem? Having the same thing with an 04.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 AM
Default Key fob programming

I found some very useful information on this website
Chrysler-jeep Remote Fob Programming:

It basically says:
KEY FOB PROGRAMMING
CHRYSLER / JEEP 96 Concorde, Intrepid, LHS, New Yorker, Vision Remote Programming
1. Turn Ignition ON. 2. Connect a jump wire from Pin 1 of the Diagnostic Connector (Upper left pin is number 1). Connect to ground. 3. Doors will LOCK and then UNLOCK to verify program mode. 4. Press the button on the remote control, doors will LOCK and UNLOCK to verify programming is complete. 5. Repeat for additional transmitters. 6. Remove wire and turn ignition OFF. 7. Test all remote controls.
Programming this type of Remote control:
1. Open the drivers door and leave open. 2. Turn the mechanical door lock lever on the drivers door to LOCK. 3. Insert Ignition key and turn ignition ON. 4. Point the transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK button for 5 seconds. If successful the door will unlock. 5. Additional remotes can be programmed by moving the lock lever back to the lock position and perform procedure 4 again. 6. Repeat for up to 4 remotes. 7. When completed turn ignition OFF and ON within 20 seconds of programming the final remote control. 8. Check all remotes for operation.
Program Method A Procedure 1. Press the LOCK button 5 times at 2 second intervals to synchronise transmitter. 2. Turn ignition ON, and wait for vehicle ignition Chimes to stop. 3. Using any original working transmitter press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds. 4. Within the 4 to 10 seconds continue pressing the UNLOCK button and press the PANIC button for 1 second and then release both buttons at the same time. (FOR AN/DN release either button first). A chime will sound to indicate the programming mode has been entered. 5. Press the LOCK and UNLCOCK buttons at the same time for 1 second and release. (For AN/DN a chime will sound). 6. Press and release any button and the chime will sound to indicate successful programming (AN/DN the locks will cycle). 7. Repeat steps 5 to 7 for additional remotes. 8. Turn ignition OFF. Programming mode will stop after 1 minute (AN/DN and RS it is 30 seconds).