Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Ipod Integration with 2007 REV Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Default Ipod Integration with 2007 REV Radio?

I have a 2007 Pacifica with the model REV radio. Can I install the 82209616AC ipod integration kit from Mopar? The kit listing specifically excludes the REV radio, but I am wondering if it works if you are willing to sacrifice Sirius. Has anyone out there been successful installing the 82209616AC ipod integration kit with the model REV radio? Thanks!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

hehe u dont fallow instructions vary well do ya

"The kit listing specifically excludes the REV radio"

Old 12-21-2010, 05:22 PM

Just for curiosity sake I looked at iPod integration on Crutchfield.com. According to their info, with the unit I looked at you would lose both satellite and video. I am assuming you have the aux ports in at the bottom of your radio "stack"? I use a 1/8" to L/R RCA adaptor and it works well. Add a car charger and you are good to go. We have had a couple of cars with head units that control the iPod. Honestly, we like the ability to maintain normal hands on operation of the ipod and running it through the Aux affords that. Plus you probably don't want to lose your video. And, as I recall we can still maintain separate operation i.e. ipod in front while video plays in the back via the headphones.

Good luck

Old 12-21-2010, 09:16 PM

I know that the 82209616AC kit excludes the REV radio, but I am wondering if they do that because using that kit would allow the ipod to work, but in doing so it would also kill your ability to use both the 6 disk changer and satellite. I don't have a video display in my Pacifica and would gladly sacrifice both satellite and the 6 disk changer if I could couple my ipod with the radio controls which includes the those on the steering wheel. I did not specifically want either Sirius or the changer in the car when I purchased it - it just came with it. I have a feeling that the kit would work with an ipod but in turn it would eliminate both satellite and video - I know there has to be someone out there who has at least attempted this. Anybody??? Thanks!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 AM

Take a look at this site. Read the note at the bottom in red. This might be just the place to buy it, in case it doesn't work out.

Good Luck

Old 12-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Sorry I'm chiming in about a year late. I have an '08 Pac with the REV, disc changer and integrated Sirius. I hooked up a USASPEC interface PA11-CHR which allowed control of the iPod with the steering wheel butons while charging it as well. Worked great and had an additional RCA connection, but it won't allow Sirius integration to the REV head unit and uses the port that normally connects the 6 disc changer. If you don't mind losing both of those, and if you haven't resolved your issue, try the USASpec piece. I will say, the sound is better through the RCA jacks on the car's radio. But if you want to charge / control your iPod, then one of these aux adapters is what you're looking for.
I've decided (at least for now) to just use the RCA's and a separate cord to charge if necessary. Now, I am looking for the storage bin/box to replace the 6 disc changer that I'll never use