Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Jumpstarting a Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Default Jumpstarting a Pacifica

Hi,

My 04 Pacifica AWD was sitting idle for a week and then I had the lights on on Friday night and think I've run down the battery. It makes a series of clicking noises but doesn't start. Even the horn sounds in a very low volume when I lock it.

I tried to jumpstart it from my Corolla but it doesn't start. I guess I didn't connect the cables correctly; especially the last connection to the engine block. The entire engine is covered with a plastic cover and I'm not sure where to connect the last cable.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks and regards,
Jagan.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Jumpstarting a Pacifica

u should be able to attach the - and the + right on the batt.
Attach the cables and let the car run for 2 min first then start your pac. DONT TOUCH THE CABLES together when u take off the cables or u have made a mess that u dont want to be in. After that drive the pac for a few miles if u have to jump start it again u will need a batt because there is a dead or weak cell inside.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:55 PM

Hi Chrysler Tech,

Thank you very much for your answer. If I understand correctly, I'm to attach the positive of the dead battery to the positive of the good battery, and the negative of the good battery to the negative of the dead battery, and then try starting the car with the dead battery?

I just wanted to clarify because the Chrysler Pacifica manual and the instructions that came with the jumper cables said that the last connection was to be made to the engine block of the car with the dead battery and didn't mention anything about connecting all four battery terrminals.

Thanks and regards,
Jagan.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

hook it up to all 4 posts and if u can use the other car as the good batt