Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Just Bought a 2007, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Thumbs down Just Bought a 2007, Help!

Okay we just bought a 2007 Limited 4.0L 2 weeks ago with less then 14000 miles on it. Already, we are having a few problems and not what to do.

First, when we put the car in drive for the first time and we start to drive, the peddle shakes right after the doors lock. It does it every time we shut the car off and re-start and will shake here and there after.

Second, I feel the car is either trying to stall and or it is jerking when I am driving. Not a huge juke, but enough for me to feel it.

Third, we have had 2 alignments and my wheel still pulls to the right. The car has not been in any accidents from the carfax report.

Forth, when I was backing out today, the sterling wheel made a clicking noise. First time feeling that today!

And last, the ride is really rough! To the point if I am on a bumpy rode, it shakes so hard that it puts me to sleep.

Any help would be awesome! We love the car for our family, but am more worried about the problems we are having.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:02 AM

I'm sorry your Pac has been giving you problems... I bought an '07 used with 11K miles almost 2 yrs ago and have had little if no problems. I did have it in the dealership last week after noticing some roughness when shifting and a clunky front suspension... Here's the information from my post of the results:

I suggest you take the car to your dealership and have them look into each of the issues.. You may want to have them check your motor mounts and suspension.... Good Luck!

My '07 Pac (4.0L, 6 speed trans) spent the entire day at the dealership and is now fixed and running better than ever.

Basically, I haven't had any problems with this car since purchase, however recently I noticed it shift rough between 2nd and 3rd gear. At times it would also idle a little rough when stopped at lights etc. I took it to the dealership and asked them to inspect the motor mounts and front suspension and was glad I did.. Basically they had to replace both rear motor mounts, both front lower control arms and the front axel half shaft and gasket. They also performed TSB 21-002-09 which is a software upgrade for the transmission and performed a Quick Learn on the tranny. They also pulled up a list of TSB's and software upgrades and completed all that were required. Needless to say the car is running better than ever-- shifting is very smooth and the front end suspension is very tight.

Luckily everything was covered under warranty and didn't cost me a dime. The car only has 31,000 miles and fortunately I also have the extended Max Care Bumper to Bumper Warranty.