Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Love-hate my Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Default Love-hate my Pacifica

I have a 2004 Pacifica which I bought new. It has just over 60, 000 miles on it. I love a lot about the vehicle but it will probably be my last Chrysler product. I thought I was the only one with these problems but it seems that they are common.

Recently, I installed my 4th battery.

Rain water occasionaly drips my leg from the driver side front windshield column.

I've had the passenger-side front endclunk almost since the time the car was new. I've given up on this problem and will sell the car soon because of it.

I once owned a newly purchased 1972 Plymouth Duster. I went thru hell with repairs to that car. When I sold it I swore I'd never own another Chrysler product. But, my wife loved the Plymouth Voyager which we purcahed new in 1996. After a few initial problems the car has been very reliable. Thus I felt OK buying the Pacifica. Once again I'm swearing off Chrysler products. I would stongly recommend that people should avoid this vehicle like the plague.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:06 PM
moe
Default RE: Love-hate my Pacifica

sorry you feel this way,but to be honest they do go thru batteries alot.say if were working on something in the car for about 30 minutes the car will have be jump started.my thought is that this car has to many modules on board.moe

Old 11-21-2007, 01:43 PM

Moe is right about the battery. I bought a loaded 2004 Chrylser in February of this year and had no end of trouble with the battery draining out.

It got to the point where I would turn off all interior lights if I had to work inside the car or have the doors open for a long time. After getting tired of jumpstarts (love the fact that my extended warranty covers this for free) I figured it was just that the original manfacturer battery was too old for a car with so many electronics after 3 years.

Went to AutoZone and bought the biggest kick-*** battery I could get (1000 amps cranking) and no battery trouble since!

Old 11-24-2007, 06:06 AM

Thanks. I'll look into one when this battery dies.