Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

My dashboard is a Christmas Tree! (aka please help with all these lights and codes!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Default My dashboard is a Christmas Tree! (aka please help with all these lights and codes!)

I have a 2007 AWD 4.0L Touring edition with 78K miles. I've had it since May 2011.

Last Wednesday we dropped it off at a shop (#1) to have the rear seals looked at since the leak I've had since I bought it has gotten serious enough to merit looking at it. The day before I started to hear an intermittent whine in the left front (it honestly sounded like Morse code), and that day moved to the right front. So we asked them to look at that too. It sounded like a wheel bearing.

They ran it on the computer, had all kinds of stuff come up and took it over to shop #2 to have something else looked at (this is all on a buddy-buddy system, they've not charged for anything). No one could hear the whining I was hearing. Several codes came up on the computer, something about some sensor not communicating with the tires.

I picked up my truck Saturday morning, and I had no less than FIVE warning lights lit up, in addition to the engine/transmission light that I've had for several months. This is what lit up:
ABS
Brake (!) [no, my parking brake was not on, I checked)
ESP BAS
Traction Control symbol
AWD!

When I got on the interstate, my cruise control would not turn on.

I took it back over today to see if they could clear the codes and I could have my cruise control back. They thought that maybe them looking at the wheels may have triggered something. I've had no issues driving it (other than that noise) to merit all these warning lights! They managed to clear the engine/tranny light I'd had, and the ABS light, but the other 4 new ones stayed lit, and still no cruise control. Now today when I got it back again, my right front passenger window will not auto-up like it's supposed to. Worked fine this weekend. what the hey?

My husband thinks it's a speed sensor that's got everything tripped.

These are the codes that came up:

C1020
C1014
C101F

U0415
U1417
I'm told the dealer has to run the U-codes to see what they are. Yippee.

Any help with these codes? Any idea why these lights and warnings when my truck was only supposed to be LOOKED AT and test drove??

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Anna

Old 08-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

C1020-left rear wheel speed sensor circuit

c1014-left front wheel speed comparative performance
c101f-right front wheel speed comparative performance
u0415-implausible data received from abs
u1417-implausible left wheel distance signal received

Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM

Finally got her fixed last week. Shop #2 replaced the rear seals ($250). No more leak. Shop #1 had it for couple hours one day the week before and was able to clear all the codes - turned out to be a speed sensor. They think they pissed it off when they first looked at the seals. They cleaned it or something, got all the codes to go away, and I got my cruise control back.
Very happy to have a clear dash again! As aggravating as it all was, the first shop has not charged me one dime for looking at it so many times. It took a few trips, but they fixed it all (except the seals), when some shops might have shrugged and said "I don't know/too bad."

Never did find out exactly what that whine was in the front - it went away. Hopefully it stays away!

Thanks for helping with the codes, CHRYSLER TECH.

Anna

Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

welcome