Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Need wiring diagram for third brake light

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 04:31 AM
Default Need wiring diagram for third brake light

I am wanting to install one of the 'BackOff XP' brake light modulators to make my 3rd brake light flash when slowing/stopping, or one of the similar units. The install instructions are pretty simple - red to hot wire, black to ground and white to the light itself. But when I opened the nylon sheath covering the wires to the light itself (enclosed in the rubber sleeve between the body and rear hatch), I found SEVERAL wires instead of the few I was expecting.

Does anyone have any experience with installing these units, or can anyone provide me a schematic of the wiring?

*** EASIER FIX - can someone tell me how to remove the 3rd brake light unit from the black plastic "roof" over the rear window? Would be much easier to splice in there....

Thanks!

Last edited by HarleyWeewax; 10-13-2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: update question
Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 PM

The air deflector that houses the brake light is held on with 4 screws. Open the tailgate and you will see them. The wiring to the light is white/dark green HOT and black/tan as GROUND. If the flasher is not to big it could go inside the plastic air deflector.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:50 AM

Great - thanks!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:25 AM

hmm this is nice...was looking for this since last few days but was not getting any suitable reply...will try this once...

Old 04-26-2020, 07:34 AM
Default Led

Originally Posted by HarleyWeewax
I am wanting to install one of the 'BackOff XP' brake light modulators to make my 3rd brake light flash when slowing/stopping, or one of the similar units. The install instructions are pretty simple - red to hot wire, black to ground and white to the light itself. But when I opened the nylon sheath covering the wires to the light itself (enclosed in the rubber sleeve between the body and rear hatch), I found SEVERAL wires instead of the few I was expecting.

Does anyone have any experience with installing these units, or can anyone provide me a schematic of the wiring?

*** EASIER FIX - can someone tell me how to remove the 3rd brake light unit from the black plastic "roof" over the rear window? Would be much easier to splice in there....

Thanks!
  1. on the convertible after take it out and you do have to do a few things to get it out you realize to get into the light its self you have to bust the glue line that hold the two plastic covers around the led

so if you want in to the light and you are going to replace it with a new one just break the cover