Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

New 06 owner, have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Cool New 06 owner, have a few questions.

I have had my pacifica for about a mo. havent noticed any issus. yet but Ill deal with them as thay come. My pac. is a base fwd. I like that becouse it gives more freedom 2 make it MINE, OK 1st. I dont like my insturment panal it only shows mph,rpm, and fuel. can I replace it with the one that adds temp. and info center? will added fetures work, is it plug & play and what other pac makes r compatabl? 2nd can i replace my 4speed trans. for the 6speed; will it activate codes? P.S. it has 98,700 miles what issue should i expect? thanks

Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 AM

Retro-fitting a dash may not be all that easy (or economical)...

You may already have the Info Center, it just may not be lite up...

Does your dash (on the right side) have 4 buttons? The one labeled "Step" will allow you to toggle through the Info...

See picture. The Info Center and Step Button are circled in red. This dash has the built-in GPS display.

Name:  JHJnx.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  38.5 KB

If you don't have a Owners Manual, I'd download one... TONS of useful info in there!!

Cheers!!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:14 PM

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONCE MY DASH HAS ONLY ONE BUTTON IT ONLY SHOWS PASS. AIR BAG STATUS LIGHT AND HAZZARD BUTTON. I DONT HAVE A TEMP. GUAGE LIKE YOURS IN THE LOWER LEFT. I would like a dash like yours. I do not have owners manual, where can I download one? thanks again

Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM

HERE you go... Just enter the year and then the model.

Cheers!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 PM

thanks got it you have helped alot hope to come across more owners like u on this forum cheers 2 u.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 AM

No problem!! I'm a Moderator on a VERY active forum for Aprilia SR50 and so far, that has been the most active Forum I'm a member of.

This one's not too bad, just that it can take time to get a response from some of the more experienced members...

Cheers!!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:53 PM

I see what u mean i havent got a responce on my question about swaping my 4speed trans. For a 6speed, however ill wait dont want to buy a 6trans. Only to find out i cant use it thanks. What is a aprilia sr50?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM

Google Aprilia SR50...

It's an Italian built 50cc race or commuter scooter that can be heavily modified and is an absolute BLAST to ride!! There is WAY to much to list for it's features including Digital Dash, Factory Immobilizer, front and rear disk breaks, etc.

Mine (2006 Aprilia SR50 R Factory) has been modified to 70CC PFI (Port Fuel Injection) from DiTech (Direct Injection) and currently is around 12 HP (stock is about 4.5Hp to 6Hp) with a top speed (so far, a bit more tweaking to do) 117KpH (73MpH), stock speed is 60 to as much as 100KpH depending on year made ad model of engine.

HERE is the website if you'd like to see/read more! My User name is the same on that site.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Grenadiers; 11-20-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 PM

Cool scooter. How much would a nice one cost? What would it take to get 50 to 60 mph without hurting it? (us. Interstate driving)

Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM

In the US, brand new SR50's tend to run around $3000 (OTD). 1 to 3 year old scoots can go for between $1,500 to $2,500 (depending on how many miles on the scoot).

2009 and newer should do 50 to 60 MPH (depending on rider weight, incline and wind direction). Mods can be done over time and start as low as $30.00 and go up to over $1,000 for a BBK (Big Bore Kit, performance Crankshaft, performance pipe).

Keep in mind local state laws regarding scooters... Many don't require any special D.L. other the a car license as long as the scoot's 50cc's once you get over that, you may require a Motorcycle license.

In Canada a new SR50 tends to go for over $4,000 and I've spent well over $5,000 over the last 5 years moding her (I do 98% of the work myself). The PFI conversion was pretty much my last one. I took my scoot to Highgain Tuning in Parker CO (my buddy Rich is an expert on the SR50 and people send him the scoot or just the motor for upgrading and what he calls "HGT Pixy Dust") and spent 10 days there converting, testing and running her on the Dyno dialing her in. These scoots are easy to work on with basic tools (and some you make) and I believe is half the fun!

The first ride had me hit speeds that put a smile on my face that took 4 days to wear off!!

I hope to make the trip again this summer to race her in CO. My Pacifica will be towing her this year (my old Sunfire that I used last year, was written off in an accident) and I'm looking forward to the trip!! I'm hopeful that we'll have other Aprilia Forum members there this summer too (we had a few last summer).

Cheers!

Quick Reply: New 06 owner, have a few questions.