Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

New owner with question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Default New owner with question...

I purchased a used base model 2005 Pacifica in early January and absolutely love it.
My question/problem:
The MIL came on today but it is not running any different. What could cause?
I am within 50 miles of needing an oil change, I filled up on gas this am-checked gas cap it was fine, removed and replaced anyway, I was stopped in traffic and turned the vehicle off and it was shortly after I restarted that the light came on.
I am still under warranty from where I purchased so it's not a problem to take it in but would feel like an idiot if all it was was I needed an oil change or got bad gas. Do Pac's have an "idiot light" indicating when you need to change oil? I had a grand am that had one of those (the light actually said "change oil soon").
Would appreciate any info as I'm still figuring out all the ins and outs and options it has.
Thanks

Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Default RE: New owner with question...

Depending on what model you have there is a light for service intervals but this is the type that you set yourself. Check your manual. What is MIL? If you did get a light coming on, it most likely is throwing a code. If the light stays on get it checked out. If the light goes out don't bring it in because without the light they won't do anything! Good luck!