Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

No juice to outlets

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:14 PM

Again, where is this mystery relay!?!?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:53 AM

Not sure if this helps but check out thses 2 pages. You should be able to full screen them

If not the relay, maybe the integrated Power Module IPM?

Looks like 1 relay?

http://picasaweb.google.com/mrfixit4...eat=directlink

Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 AM

Thanks. That helps a little bit.

The IPM refers to the fuse/breaker/relay panel under the hood.

I've got power to fuse 26, and 24, so I need to trace down the LB/P (light blue/pink) wire and find the disconnect.

That diagram doesn't quite match my 2007, because it shows the Cigar Lighter and Power Outlet-Front Console on the same circuit, and the Power Outlet-Rear (selectable) on a different fuse (24). The Cigar Lighter is actually on its own circuit, and the three power outlets are on the same circuit.

Is that diagram for a different model or model year?

Old 10-30-2009, 05:44 PM

Yes that is from my manual which is 04-06. The one I posted is from 05 and the 06 looks the same. Manual says 24 is the selectable.. you sure you have it in the right way for IOD? Ignition off demand? For the heck of it, have you run a continuity check across each fuse? (You say checks out ok.. what check was it?, visual, continuity, checked in another circuit) or can you get the the wire (s) out of 24 and 26 to see if they are hot.
According to that diagram is if you are getting juice to the fuse, the relay is working, correct? The problem is if you car is wired like this.. for the relay.. most likely it is.

Looks like you are on the right track.. if you get no power on the LB/PK wire after the fuse, maybe something is going on in the fuse box. Can you see both contact tabs when each fuse is pulled?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:07 PM

Checked continuity on the fuse. It's okay. I've tried the fuse in both positions to no avail. There is definitely power upstream of the fuse, both on the switched and unswitched sides.

The relay is not the problem. I know this because it is bypassed when the fuse is in the unswitched position.

Got to be a bad connection downstream.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 PM

Agreed.. for starters, have you had any work done on the car lately by you or someone else? Did is suddenly stop working after a repair, heavy rain, accident?, installation of alarm, dvd etc.??? In hopes of locating the area where the problem may be? Since these outlets appear to be daisy changed, can you look at the closest one to the battery and see if any wires are unplugged on the back of it? Can you check the back of one and see if you get continuity to ground? i.e make sure the ground to the plugs is working. We are assuming it might be a power problem but it could be a ground problem as well.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:25 PM

Checked the grounds. Not the issue. Next step is to dig in and start checking for bad connections.

What's the easiest route to the back of the outlets?

Old 11-02-2009, 01:35 AM

Not sure if I follow.... you say grounds at back of the outlets are ok but you ask how to get to the back of the outlets?

Old 11-02-2009, 06:23 AM

Checked the grounds in the back of the car. (not the back of the outlet).

Need to know what panel(s) to pop off to get the the back side of the outlets in the IP.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:55 PM

IP?

There is a tool actaully to remove the socket I think. Check this out
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Do you have a factory service manual? They are not too expensive on ebay. They really tell you how to remove stuff.

Quick Reply: No juice to outlets