Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

No power on driver door switches

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Default No power on driver door switches

I have no power on any of the driver door switches for windows or seat. The other three windows are operational on their own door switches. There is a fuse #40 for the driver's door node. This fuse is not blown but just to check, I swapped it out with a known good one, and it still didn't work.

Any and all suggestions appreciated, as I would rather not go to the stealer,oops, I meant dealer.

Al

Old 02-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: No power on driver door switched

what year is your pac there was a recall for the door module and a hinge for certan years.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Default RE: No power on driver door switches

Thanks for the reply. It is 2005, no open recalls.

Added fact now is that the rectangular light at the bottom of the driver's door stays on, the Body Control Module never turned it off.

When the passenger door was opened, the alarm went off.

I disconnected the battery.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

well an 05 u are under warranty unless u are over 36k yes no?
Let themcheck out and see if u have a bad module they have been known to go bad.
If not could be the latch saying hey my door is not closed.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:21 AM

I connected the battery this morning to drive to the dealership (under warranty ) and everything worked!

So, does the BCM store codes and should I take it to the dealer to be scanned, or are codes only stored in the ECM ?

Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

well if u disconnected the batt then all codes are gone so now u will haft to wait untill it does it again and see if by chance there are any codes but i doubt it.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:39 PM

Alright.. I am having the same problem. My passenger side seat, mirror, windows, and locks all do not work. I've pulled out the relevent fuses and they are all working correctly. This is the second time it happened. The first time I thought it was fix by pushing down on each and every fuse but apparently not. The problem reappeared and I don't know where to look next.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

sounds like to me u have a bad driver door module. ALl of the functions u said are routed or controled by that module. UNder warranty? take it in if not i cant tell ya right of hand how much one is

Old 03-09-2007, 06:50 PM

Same problem here. I already posted it somewhere else, but yes the passenger side is out: windows, locks, mirror. As well as the rear driver side lock. Only lock working is the drivers door. Real convenient with baby in one hand and 5 yr old attached to the other hand and we are in a busy parking lot. I really like having to put my baby down and tell my 5 yr old to "watch your brother while mommy crawls through the car to get it unlocked". Lets just hope no one takes off with my kids while I am crawling around in the car......

Of course I am out of warranty and I will have to pay for this...can I get an estimate for this fix? Sounds like it should be taken care of by Chrysler if a lot of others are having this issue. See this link...very interesting to see how many problems people are having...

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0d1074/0

Old 03-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

chrysler will only do recalls if they are safety issues like wheels falling off or something in that order. Things happen to cars and there parts, part of having a car. DO any of your seats move??? or is this only mirrors, windows,door locks????

Quick Reply: No power on driver door switches