Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

No Start-Possible Starter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 12:35 PM
Question No Start-Possible Starter?

I have an 04 Chrysler Pacifica AWD Touring Edition. A little bit of history: bought used w/ ~180k miles, does currently have a parasitic draw (installed a circuit breaker on neg battery post), oil pressure sensor is out. Also, a short (albeit extended time frame) while ago completed essentially a complete top engine rebuild after the timing belt snapped (should've had serviced after purchase just to cover ***) resulting in the usual bent valves and such. It was my very first rebuild of really any sort (not even a carb :/ ) so I learned a lot and made a few mistakes here and there. But all and all w/o too much help finished with it actually running to my surprise. Now, here's the purpose of this post: not ALL of the time (first time just last week), but sometimes, it WILL NOT start. It's happened to where I would try to start the car with no sounds WHATSOEVER, return the key to off position, trying again with success. However, last week it did nothing...at all...several attempts with nothing. Several days later, while having a chance to mess with it, it started no problems whatsoever. So it's an intermittent problem, though potentially a serious one (two very young children and a pregnant wife) w/ 100+ degree summer O_o I've added a heavy gauge ground from the neg post to the trans, tested the power going to the starter (stupid difficult to get the ignition switch wire on solenoid so not that yet) w/ good power. I've pulled the relay and paper clipped it to check the starter motor would engage. Nothing comes up on dash about it "not in park" so idk if it's the TRS...I'm pretty well lost now, ANY help would fantastic, thx so much!