Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica 2004 3.5 error code 403

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Default Pacifica 2004 3.5 error code 403

HAVING PROBLEM WITH THIS CODE 403 EXHAUST GAS RESTRICITION CIRCUIT pLEASE HELP IN ERASEING . REPLACE ALL PARTS AND STILL CANNOT GET RID OF CODE WHAT TO DO. tHANKS TO ALL.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

and what are all parts?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:11 AM

Replace ho2 sensor 1 bank 1 catallitic converter and first muffler.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

wow ok humm did u look this code up or are u going off what a shop said?
there is no such code for an exhaust restriction out there this is the real meaning of the code

P0403 - EGR CONTROL CIRCUIT

u wasted alot of money for nothing so far.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:24 AM

Please assist me with fixing this problem? When the erg valve is remove lots of pressure out of exhaust with new valve comes same problem exhaust restriction how do I elliminate this code? Thanks

Old 08-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

I think u need to have a professional look at this for u

Old 08-16-2010, 01:40 AM

Can you offer any suggestion as to what in your opinion was this code not erased with the parts replaced and how would you resolved it if it was your car?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

first of all I have no idea how or why U think there is to much pressure coming from the egr. and EGR will not restrict the exhaust it only uses some of it to put back into the combustion chamber t and inert gas to lower the temp of the engine.

as I said b4 let a professional look at it for u that has tools and an idea of how the system works.

besides u really have not even said anything but u have a check engine light and U think there is to much pressure in the exhaust/

Old 08-16-2010, 02:43 PM

You know what I think you have no idea about what the problem is,and how to fix it.
The guy keeps asking you if you could help him on how to fix the problem,and all you say take it to the professional to look at it well that is the problem evry time we take our cars to a professional we get ripe off.So if you are realy what you say you are then tell him how to fix the dam problem,or stop acting like you know what you doing,or telling them to take it to a professional because we know that already.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

I am sorry to say that my crystal ball is on the fritz so I can tell u whats wrong with every car in the world today come back in the am it might work then.

In fact u know u are right I don't know whats wrong with it because I cant get the correct info out of the guy that make any sense to give any sorta idea to him on whats needs to be done. Let tear it down. ok P0403 - EGR CONTROL CIRCUIT that is a wire issue a pcm issue or a EGR issue electrical has nothing to do with exhaust back pressure to which he is saying "When the erg valve is remove lots of pressure out of exhaust" humm yeah there will be pressure when the engine is running and how can U measure how much comes out the EGR port??? U cant not with out some good tools that can do it and well I doubt he has them. Second he replaced the o2s,converter and muffler why???? has nothing to do with the 403 code. This is clearly over his head and needs a professional to look at it first hand not off the internet some times U haft to fix the customer before u can fix the car.

need I say more?

Quick Reply: Pacifica 2004 3.5 error code 403