Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica "dogbone" engine mount

Old 08-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Default Pacifica "dogbone" engine mount

I keep seeing a reference to a dogbone mount on forums, and this dogbone mount is even sold on Rockauto. I recently changed what I thought was all my motor mounts -- the one under airbox, and the two lower mounts. I'd like to replace this "dogbone" mount, but I cannot locate it on the vehicle. Does anyone know where this mount is located? Thanks in advance. I have an 07 Pacifica Limited FWD.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:15 PM

The only engine mounts, to my limited knowledge, is the 3 that always fail. As mentioned the 2 lower mounts and the one under airbox. Maybe others are referring to the one under airbox as a "dog bone"... Ruff

Old 08-20-2018, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by quakerj View Post
I keep seeing a reference to a dogbone mount on forums, and this dogbone mount is even sold on Rockauto. I recently changed what I thought was all my motor mounts -- the one under airbox, and the two lower mounts. I'd like to replace this "dogbone" mount, but I cannot locate it on the vehicle. Does anyone know where this mount is located? Thanks in advance. I have an 07 Pacifica Limited FWD.
The "dogbone" mount is actually called a torque strut and is located on the transmission. You'll be able to see it on the driver side through the wheel well with the wheel off on a 3.5L motor.
. This is an extremely expensive part if you want to use Mopar parts, but aftermarket is pretty cheap...Yes they do have them at Rock Auto.