Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Posted Back in July About a Fuel Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Default Posted Back in July About a Fuel Problems

It's been a long time since I was here last. I was going through my computer last night and some photos popped up that reminded of this problem I had. I'm going to put up some pictures if I can figure out how.

Back in July the wife and I were going to drive from Tucson to LA, to San Francisco down to San Diego when suddenly the CEL came on. It was a 0456 code, I replaced the gas cap and reset the computer. That lasted only a few days before it popped on again. I checked all the hoses and ended up removing the gas tank and repairing a broken nipple on the gas tank (JB Weld and few prayers) and extending the hose that connects the two together the night before we left for California.

Another issue the car had was a fluctuating fuel gauge, it would go from F to above E in the blink of an eye. To remedy that I never went more than a few hundred miles before topping of the tank, usually 10 or more gallons. The only time I got nervous was taking the 1 thru Big Sur down the coast. Not alot of gas stations there. I passed the two in Big Sur and stopped in San Luis Obispo ( I think). The gauge was reading empty, and the odometer was adding up fast but there were no problems. It took more fuel than I had put in the whole trip but I didn't need to completely refill it.

It's been 6 months since all this went down, the fuel gauge is still goofy but I don't plan on taking a trip like that anytime soon. Farthest I drive is 250 miles to Flagstaff.