Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Programing a new or used Chrysler Remote Car Starter FOB

Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Default Programing a new or used Chrysler Remote Car Starter FOB

Hi gang!

When I purchased my Pac last month, it came with 2 chipped keys (for the locks and rear lift) and 2 remotes to start the car (Chrysler/MOPAR brand, single button).

I recently picked up another Key and was successful in programing that new key to the car (took less than 30 seconds to program the new key). I have a chance to get a used Chrysler Car Starter FOB and I’m looking for the procedure to program that car Starter FOB to my car.

If I can do that, this will give me a total of 3 complete key sets (chipped key for locks and Remote Car Starter FOB).

Anyone with info on this?

Cheers!!

Last edited by Grenadiers; 09-26-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 AM

OK, I think I may have found the programing instructions... Will post results when I get the Car Starter FOB in...

Cheers!!

Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 PM

Just a quick update... Awaiting the arrival of my spare Transmitter.

The instructions I have seem to indicate that up to 8 Transmitters can be programmed (including the 2 that come with the MOPAR kit).

Cheers!!

Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Thumbs up

OK, I got my new/used MOPAR Car Starter transmitter (purchased it on eBay) and it took me less than 30 seconds to program it to my Pac!!!

Name:  PhEP7.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  64.1 KB

The instructions I was able to find included both the Owners Manual AND the Installation Manual (I have both in PDF format) for the MOPAR Car Starter. The Installation Manual had the Programming instruction on it. If there is interest for it, I'll post them.

Anyway, here is the programing instructions:

MOPAR Car Starter Transmitter (Key FOB) programming Instructions

The MOPAR Remote Car Starter system ships with 2 pre-programmed Transmitters. The system can be programmed for up to 8 Transmitters in total.

First, locate the Programming Button (should be zip-tied to the OBDII connector wiring harness, or close to it). It’s round, about 1/2” in Diameter and black in colour.

Transmitter Programming:

• Insure that a new battery is in the new Transmitter.
  • Make sure the Car Battery is connected.
  • If open, close the Hood.
  • Put key in Ignition and turn to “On” position (do NOT start the car!).
  • Press and hold the Programming Button. After about 10 seconds, the horn may/will chirp and the lights will flash 3 times indicating the system is now in “Transmitter Learn Mode”, then release the button.
  • Press the button on the new transmitter to be programmed. The horn will chirp and the lights will flash 1 time indicating that the Transmitter has been learned.
  • Repeat the above step for each additional Transmitter to be learned.
After programming all the new remote(s), remove key from the ignition and test the new remote(s).

That’s it! Takes less then 30 seconds to train the Transmitter to your car.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Grenadiers; 10-09-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Default remote start

Hello, I found two buttons under my wheel one is red another is black , maybe someone know which one is a programing button. Thanks for help

Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by viklogin
Hello, I found two buttons under my wheel one is red another is black , maybe someone know which one is a programing button. Thanks for help
For the Factory/Chrysler Remote Starter, it should be the black button.

If that is an after market starter, or some other system has been installed, it may be different...

Cheers!!

Old 01-12-2015, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info on programming a new remote. I just purchased an 07 pacifica and it only has the one remote start remote so im glad I can buy a second one. I just have one question. I didn't get any demonstrations or explanations on how to use the remote. I figured out one day that if I hit the button 3 times then it will start the car. Is that the only way it works? thanks in advance

Old 01-12-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by iage89
Thanks for the info on programming a new remote. I just purchased an 07 pacifica and it only has the one remote start remote so im glad I can buy a second one. I just have one question. I didn't get any demonstrations or explanations on how to use the remote. I figured out one day that if I hit the button 3 times then it will start the car. Is that the only way it works? thanks in advance
I had download the manual from somewhere, can't remember. But press the button twice to start the car, press and hold the button for 2 seconds to shut down the car.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers!!

Old 08-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Default Remote starter help

After needed to put a new engine in my 07 Chrysler 300C, my remote start shuts off immediately after starting. Does anyone know what needs to be done?

Originally Posted by Grenadiers
OK, I got my new/used MOPAR Car Starter transmitter (purchased it on eBay) and it took me less than 30 seconds to program it to my Pac!!!

The instructions I was able to find included both the Owners Manual AND the Installation Manual (I have both in PDF format) for the MOPAR Car Starter. The Installation Manual had the Programming instruction on it. If there is interest for it, I'll post them.

Anyway, here is the programing instructions:

MOPAR Car Starter Transmitter (Key FOB) programming Instructions

The MOPAR Remote Car Starter system ships with 2 pre-programmed Transmitters. The system can be programmed for up to 8 Transmitters in total.

First, locate the Programming Button (should be zip-tied to the OBDII connector wiring harness, or close to it). It’s round, about 1/2” in Diameter and black in colour.

Transmitter Programming:

• Insure that a new battery is in the new Transmitter.
  • Make sure the Car Battery is connected.
  • If open, close the Hood.
  • Put key in Ignition and turn to “On” position (do NOT start the car!).
  • Press and hold the Programming Button. After about 10 seconds, the horn may/will chirp and the lights will flash 3 times indicating the system is now in “Transmitter Learn Mode”, then release the button.
  • Press the button on the new transmitter to be programmed. The horn will chirp and the lights will flash 1 time indicating that the Transmitter has been learned.
  • Repeat the above step for each additional Transmitter to be learned.
After programming all the new remote(s), remove key from the ignition and test the new remote(s).

That’s it! Takes less then 30 seconds to train the Transmitter to your car.

Cheers!!

Old 08-24-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Coribabs
After needed to put a new engine in my 07 Chrysler 300C, my remote start shuts off immediately after starting. Does anyone know what needs to be done?
Its about a year since u posted that but did u find out the issue?