Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Rattling

Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Default Rattling

I am hearing a rattle noise from under the front left wheel area. I have had the car checked quickly at a gas station garage as it is the weekend. I can't get into a dealer for at least a week because they are booked up.

Waiting for my appointment.

So between the mechanic and I we could not find anything loose or unbolted underneath the car. The noise only happens when I am on a bumpy street. It has nothing to do with turning. The Steering wheel does not shake or connect with the rattling.

It is a clunky rattle. I reached into the wheel well and think the shroud protecting the inside of the wheel well is loose but wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Greg

Old 09-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Default RE: Rattling

I have the same problem on my '07. I had the car at the dealer for an oil change and the mechanic checked underneath and road tested the car but found nothing. I have 7k on the car and have had two dealerships check it out but no resolve so far

Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 AM

I have taken it in to an independant garage. Couldn't get into the Chrysler dealership for another week.

They are booked.

I think it is a combination of a couple of things. The calipers on the breaks were lose - they actually clank and jingle - weird. So they are being replaced. The breaks worked fine. Also, the front bumper is lose. Not sure why. No accident. But I am then having a local shop replace a couple of mounting clips that have sheered.

I hope this gets it - will keep you posted

Greg

Old 09-06-2007, 03:30 PM

had same on mine was lower control arms a lot of tsbs on front end a good dealer will find it rightaway

Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 PM

My rattling was the front fender skirts. There is a TSB for them. Not sure if that is the same noise you are hearing or not.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 AM

I am hearing a sound like if there is something stuck to my tire on the driver's front side. I checked and couldn't find anything. Could this be the same thing? It's very annoying since you don't expect that from a car with 20k on it. I'll check the bumper and such and see if anything matches what's been said here.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM

tdgz,
For mine, the noise came at freeway speeds only. We had taken a 500 mile trip when we first bought it and that's when I noticed the noise. You can press the skirts to see how much they move as compared to how much your bumper moves. My bumper seems lose to but I don't get any noises from it. If you are hearing the noise a freeway speeds, the skirts come into question, if not, then it is probably somehhting else. But I just re-read and see your problem is on bumpy roads too. I have this noise also I have heard the pump stops on the struts can be a problem, the axle shaft not torqued tight enough, right front fender skirts rattles againg the side engine shroud. maybe the lower A-amrs that others have suggested. I also hear it when I back out of my garage at the trasition to garage floor and driveway as there is a slight change in floor height. It is a very slight bump but I can sure hear the rattle here ans this is at verly low speed. It's the same noise as when I drive on bumpy roads.

PacificaBus,
Have you checked the tire for roundness?? i.e jack the car up and rotate the tire and feel the tread with your hand??

Old 12-24-2007, 09:16 AM

The dealer finally found the cure for this problem on my '07 Pacifica. I had the same noise from the left front. They replaced the plastic liner for the wheel well but the mechanic still heard the noise. They ordered a new strut and installed it the next day and that solved the problem. I had this issue since I bought the car in May and the noise was making me crazy. Finally the third dealer I took it to solved the problem. The other two(including the dealer where I purchased the car) said there was nothing wrong with the car.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:08 PM

I have an 08 T&C with 170,000.miles with a front end noise like the plastic fender wells or shrouds in lower front. Not related but ball joint/arms/struts/stable arms all changed recently. The noise starts on course blacktop road which emit a vibration thru the tires and is described as low pitch rumble.....not metalic at all.
I have added plastic fittings...and some metal lag screws in bumper shroud, and gorilla tap on joints of fender well joints and not stopped it. My next thought was to remover bumper and caulk all joints especially the lock snap fits of everything found. It is not a noise that I think the new struts could cause. No noise associated with turning. I wonder if Chrysler improved it in later years as this the first year of this stye. I have had an 09, 12, and a 16 T&C now, with never this problem. (I bought this van for a vacation home)

I would appreciate any help!

Old 05-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Default Rumble Noise in Town and Country front

I have an 08 T&C with 170,000.miles with a front end noise like the plastic fender wells or shrouds in lower front. Not related but ball joint/arms/struts/stable arms all changed recently. The noise starts on course blacktop road which emit a vibration thru the tires and is described as low pitch rumble.....not metalic at all.
I have added plastic fittings...and some metal lag screws in bumper shroud, and gorilla tap on joints of fender well joints and not stopped it. My next thought was to remover bumper and caulk all joints especially the lock snap fits of everything found. It is not a noise that I think the new struts could cause. No noise associated with turning. I wonder if Chrysler improved it in later years as this the first year of this stye. I have had an 09, 12, and a 16 T&C now, with never this problem. (I bought this van for a vacation home)

I would appreciate any help!