Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Rear Audio Not Working...Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Default Rear Audio Not Working...Please help!!

Wejust hada brand newgenuine MoparRear DVD professionally installed in our 2006 AWD Pacifica Touring with aDVD Changer that was factory installed...
The installer followed the instructions meticuously, but we have two problems (that may be related) that cannot be figured out:
[ol][*]The headphones receive no signal [*]The rear speakers remain on (they are supposed to go off when the headphones are activated)[/ol]

The videoworks fine and the sound is awesome through the car's speakers.
The headphone icon comes on in the display of the CD/Radio when we press the remote POWER button.
The red light are on the headphones and will not turn green even after pressing the headphones' SCAN buttons.
I was told that the installation cannot be wrong because the rear DVD system has all matching plugs.

Has anyone had this problem?

Where could the problem lie?
Could the factory DVD or CD/Radio be bad?
What can I possibly do?

This very dissapointing and frustrating...[]
Thank you very much.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Rear Audio Not Working...Please help!!

u do u have the nice head phones the 900mhz phones that will work with the cd changer or do u have the infra red ones that comes with the rear seat dvd system??? did u have the head phones b4 u had it installed and did they work?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 AM

The headphones are new and they came with the rear video system.

I was told that there are two different DVD Changersfor Pacificas...

One had "ADUDIO + VIDEO" under the DVD label, and the other had "VIDEO" under the label.
I am hoping that switching from the AUDIO + VIDEO to one that has VIDEO will do the trick.

Can you confirm this?

Old 04-16-2007, 09:11 PM

I purchased a 2004 Pacifica, and just recently purchased the monitor/headphones and had them installed. The DVD plays correctly through the cars system, and when I hit the headphone button on the remote the rear speakers turn off correctly, however I don't get any sound via the headphones. The RED LED's are lit on the headphones, and they remain on, however no sound is heard (even after adjusting the volume control). Is there something special that I have to do to get the headphones to work. When I hit the power button, the headphones make a clicking noise indicating that the unit is correctly powering up and down. My headphones don't have a "scanning" button, not sure if that is the problem.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:48 AM

Well I put the DVD "VIDEO" in and it still does NOT work.
Worse...Now the radio displays ERROR and the DVD dos not operate at all.
I put the OEM DVD Changer back in and I'm back to square one.
[ol][*]The headphone light comes on on the radio display as designed[*]But the rear speakers do NOT cut out as designed[*]The headphones are NOT getting asignal...The red lights stay on[/ol]
The audio plays beautifully through the system...but I cannot take advantage of listening to two modes at once.
Someone please help!
Thank you!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

what part number did they use for the install of the mopar system?? need to start square one here need to make sure the right one was even installed.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 AM

It is Model K6858779...
[ul][*]The original AUDIO + VIDEO DVD changer works beautifully, except for the rear audio...The headphone light comes on, but the rear audio doesn't cut off and the headphones don't pick up a signal[*]I was told to try a VIDEO DVD changer...it gives me an ERROR message on the display of the radio[*]Presently, I have the originalAUDIO + VIDEO DVD changer in[/ul]
I'd appreciate anything you can do to help.
Thank you!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

did u buy the system or have some one else buy the system??? if u got it u should have a ticket with the price and a part number like 8220xxxx thats what I am looking for.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:03 PM

I do not have the Stock Number...It's not on the information I have that came with it and it is not on the Units. I bought it new on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...775&rd=1,1
It is a new Mopar Unit.
The seller then convinced me that the changer that I need has "VIDEO" under the DVD logo rather than "AUDIO + VIDEO" like I have, so I bought a new changer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...620&rd=1,1
And it didn't work...In fact when it was installed, the Radio read ERROR.
The seller is sending me a new changer in case it was defective.
This is very frustrating...But the huge price that the dealer wanted for a DVD System forced me to buy from eBay...And now I see that Chrysler is giving DVD Systems away with new purchases. My luck stinks!
Thanks for your time and effort.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

sorry that is not a mopar system u have they reference it as a mopar system but its not. Who installed it ne way a dealer or some one on the side. I want to know how it was put in if there was any wire splicing hafing to be done or most of it plug in play.The chrysler system has all the connectors already build it for it and u plug it right in. There are several things that tells me it is not mopar one e says he will have a 1 year warranty chrysler offers 3 years under the factory warranty. Look at the instructions is there anything that says chrysler or mopar on it? like trademark and on the instrustions of mopar systems there are part numbers right on the front of it. and the last clue
Chrysler Part # Same as 82207511.
there are 3 different part numbers for an 04 pac and that is not one of them
the number above is for a media system but not yours its for something from 2003 -2006 and pacficas did not come out untill 04. Sorry u for an aftermarket system.

Quick Reply: Rear Audio Not Working...Please help!!