Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Rear Audio Not Working...Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Default RE: Rear Audio Not Working...Please help!!

The installation was all custom fit plugs that went right in.
There is also a MOPAR Registered Trademark on the installation sheet.
I'm baffled.
Thanks for your help, though.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:02 AM

Just to be sure.. are you sitting in the back seat when testing the headsets.??. on my 04, They only work in the back seats. I thought too that the rear speakers were supposed to shut off. I tested it all tonight and found the rear to still be on. The headphone sysmbol flashes, then locks on. My headsets have power and volume only.. no scan.

Ramon

Old 04-23-2007, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

there are 2 kinds of rear audio 1 is infra red 1 is VHF. The infa red ones only work in rear seat in line of rear dvd player. audio can only be played through thoes head phones. The UHV 2 different audio streams can be played at the same time aka played thought the head phones and then through the car speakers. If the car did not come with the UHF big head phones takes 3 aa batt then u dont have that setup

Old 04-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Thanks Chryslertech.. Iam aware of the 2 systems, but not what the headphone components look like. I just wanted to make sure the original poster was not sitting in the front seat trying this like I was last night. We have cars seats in the rears so I could not sit there And I mentioned thisjust in case his system really is compatible but it sounds like his components are not by your postings.

To my knowledge (verified with Mitsubishi) my 04 has the RF (VHF) system and the later models have the IR system.
Here is a quotefrom Mitsubishi Electronic Automotive of America when I was inquiring about MP3 and other features....

"
The type of headphones used is determined by the transceiver in the DVD player. As you mentioned, the earlier models have a RF transceiver and work with the RF headphones and later models have an IR transceiver. I believe that the remote control only interfaces with the DVD player, however because the DVD player and radio communicate via the vehicle’s BUS system it is possible to controls some radio functions by using the remote control, such as switching to headphones or speakers, changing modes, etc.

Bottom line, if you are looking to switch from RF to IR headphones (or vice versa) you will need to change the DVD player and headphones, not the radio. The remote control you have now will work with either DVD player, no need to buy a new one.
"

I am assuming that the headphones with the Scan button are the IR models?? I don't have a scan button. I have been wanting to buy an extra set of headphones (1 or 2)since we have 3 kids and I will admit that it is kind of confusing when trying to get them online from Chrylser or ebay. May just have to go into a dealer. As seen in this thread, and ebay seller might tell you something works and it actually does not. The P/N on my headphones (which came with the car in a box w/ remote)is:

P/N 05064037AA
S/N 005 04B0918
V/C 28046R
Manufacturer KOSS (pwr on/off and volume only)

I sure hope tpieples get this figured out because it can get expensive buying components.

ALSO, I JUST WENT BACK AND READ ORIGINAL POST.. I THOUGHT HE HAD an 04 AND SEE's HE HAS AN 06. SOMEONE ELSE JUMPED IN WITHAN 04 SO I WAS REMEBERING THAT.. SORRY. ISN'T 06 WHEN THEY WENT TO IR??

Ramon

Old 04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

the scan function is on teh top of the line head phones the ones with nice plush foam on the ears that cost 90 bucks eash to replace. The scan is just like your phone at home when u get static u press scan or chanel and it will look for the next signal. The ir are IR only and no changing anything on them. Inorder to have the top of the line headphones then u had to have a transeaver aka a head unit or dvd changer that had the broadcast function in order to send the signal out to the headphones. The system that has the headphones that came with teh car are the top of the line vhf ones. Now here is where all the fuss is if u got a dvd system that is not chrysler then they wont work like u want them to. Inorder for the dvd to be played through the headphones it has to be routed through teh radio or dvd changer which ever is sending out the signal. If u have an aftermarket or wrong screen then all the connections are not what they need to be inorder to get it to work correctly.The pac dvd systems i have installed have had the headphones that came with teh sar and all i did was wire up the screen and plug into the back of the dvd changer and they work. The cars that did not ahe the built in headphones they came witht eh IR ones and have the little smoke cover on the back of the screen that has the LEDS for the IR.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:28 PM

Which is why you asked original poster if headphones came w/ the car. It seems that everyone that has headphones that came with the car and they added the true Chyrsler monitor have had no problems with installation. I see why you are asking the original poster all these questions. There are too many variables when components are bought outside the dealer.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

right and they dont work as clamed because this not a opar system or it would work that way. Custom system are like that some times and when they mess up who are u gonna get to fix it

Old 01-19-2008, 01:52 AM

To bring this up again.... I just bought 2 more IR headphones last night since we now have 3 kids. They work fine but the rear audio still does not turn off when the headphone button is pressed on the remote. I suppose I could use the fader but would like to use the system as designed. 2004 loaded Pac (except NAV) with all factory installed stuff before I bought it new.

Any clues?

Ramon