Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

time belt alignment

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 11:31 AM
Default time belt alignment

ok it replaced the timing belt and for the life of me i can't get the back cam to be perfect. i have the crank perfect and the front cam perfect but the back cam is like 1/4 tooth towards clockwise. i have the tensioner applied and i rotate the crank clockwise slowly and it comes back to the same place every time. so what is the consensus will after it is running and the belt stretches some align back to the marks? or will i have to retard it one tooth? i have been turning it clockwise and by turning that way it looks like if the belt stretches it will go back into alignment. does this sound about correct to you? do not want to put it all back if i need to do more? or is this about what i can expect? thanks

Old 12-20-2017, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

install the tension-er then rotate the crank 2 full turns see where the marks align up if they are on the money when you install they will be after you rotate.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
install the tension-er then rotate the crank 2 full turns see where the marks align up if they are on the money when you install they will be after you rotate.
chrysler tech.

i installed the belt and the tensioner and did rotate the engine at least 4 times and the mark was still the same maybe a bit better. so i just assembled it and ran it and it is running fine. i think the belt will stretch and or wear in a bit and the mars will become aligned perfect. and if the tensioner does extend a bit that will make it better. thanks for the help.

now to work on the evap p0457 that did not go away after a gas cap replacement. it did go away after i took the battery terminal off but if i don't test for it then it may come back. it is not the links on the right side fuel pump. looked at thma and they are fine. but that is another post.