Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Tranmission Dipstick?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Default RE: Tranmission Dipstick?

IF you have a PAC with a 4. L engine then you HAVE NO DIP STICK! [sm=imsorry.gif] There are a few reasons that there is a no dipstick. The fluid is not your norman Chrysler off the shelp at your parts house fluid. If you see a leak then there is a problem, and the warranty will fix it. A good idea is to get a Chrysler Service Contract![sm=goodidea.gif]The 6 speed trans has had some shuddering problems and several TSB's are listed, even a tourque converter replacement. So[sm=forgetit.gif]there is no need for a dipstick, just have the fluid changed as the owners manual says to do.[sm=itsok.gif]
If you do not have the 4.L engine then you have a 4 speed trans and it DOES HAVE A DIPSTICK![sm=interesting.gif]So that's the honest truth about the Pacifica's and having a dipstick or having the lack of a dipstick.[sm=closed.gif]

snowman

Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 PM

I have the 4.0L 6 spd and there's a reason for no dipstick, we're TOO STUPID to check it right, we should be happy they let us DRIVE the car in the first place, you know that whole "start the car FIRST then put it in drive" principle is enough for most of us to handle[sm=loser.gif]

alright, enough sarcasm. As far as the" The fluid is not your norman Chrysler off the shelp at your parts house fluid." statement, I really hate those "Norman" fluids and there's nothing too difficult here, it's just ATF+4. Once the car is out of warranty (yes I bought my '07 last may before they started the lifetime warranty) I should be able to change my own fluid & check it before I go on trips for peace of mind. If you go to the dealer they will charge you about $8 / quart for a fluid you can buy for $4 a quart. I just changed the fluid in my 2000 Jeep tranny (which was originally ATF+3 but is superceded by ATF+4) and I bought Valvaline ATF+4 for $2.95 / quart at Advanced. They should sell dipsticks for those of us that know which end of a screwdriver to hold.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 AM

the 4.0s don't have a dipstick for some reason.my 02 explorer did not have that either.they are making sure to bring you in to the service dept.for at least for that reason.