Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Water leak on driver's floor

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
moe
Default RE: Water leak on driver's floor

Hey guys i had luck with the tsb where you peel off the old sealer at the "A" pillar base.sems water is getting in the weld on both sides.i had taken the entire dash out of the pacifica and has hose running on windshield while i sat inside i actuall saw it enter the car .it took me 3 times before i finally got it right.water leaks suck!! moe

Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Default RE: Water leak on driver's floor

Update on my situation. I got a tube of RTV, but getting to the firewall where tve AC goes through is going to take the arms of plastic man! In the cabin isn't much better. I sealed around the AC drain tube assembly (Or what I thought was the drain tube assembly) as best I could from the inside, only being able to reach the sides and bottom. No idea how to seal along the top without removing the AC unit itself..... any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 12-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Thumbs up Found a fix for driver's side leak

My 04 Pacifica was leaking on the driver's side when it rained. Even if parked the whole time. The passenger's side was dry, but the driver's side had about two inches of water in it .

The ceiling and risers were dry indicating that the leak was coming from a lower level. I took the front and middle driver's side seats out and removed most of the trim so that I could pull up the carpeting. It was quite disturbing seeing the amount of water covering the wiring and padding.

When I inspected the area under the pedals, I saw that the carpet and padding was wet up to a point higher than expected with normal wicking. That is where I saw some cables coming through the firewall and into the passenger compartment.

I then took the grill plastic off of the windshield drain cavity to see where all the water goes. There was no debris in any compartment.

As I inspected, I saw a small drain on the driver's side that had a little three or four inch rubber hose spouting down into the engine compartment. Basically, this is where all of the water that is collected on top of the car and windshield goes.

I noticed that since the tube was so short, the water just trickled onto the horizontal portion of the firewall which allowed the water to pour down and seep in through any available orifice.

I extended the hose by about one foot and routed it away from the firewall and tested my theories using a garden hose. It apeared to work.

That was two months ago. Last night it finally rained again (a good ammount too). After the car sat in the rain for hours, parked with the same attitude (aviation term) as last time, it was bone dry inside.

I have included pictures to better explain the fix.

I hope it helps if you are having leak issues on the driver's side.

Garrett
Resolutions Realized, LLC

http://www.resolutionsrealized.com/L...x/openhood.jpg
http://www.resolutionsrealized.com/L...ubeexample.jpg
http://www.resolutionsrealized.com/L...x/solution.jpg

Old 02-10-2017, 11:14 PM

I will have to give a try. I have the same water leak in my 2007

Old 05-06-2018, 02:31 PM

Gosh, kind of surprised at the lack of solutions on this thread.
My '05 Pac started having "water issues" on the passenger floor after about 2 years of driving. Found out there was a TSB on this and it has worked great for me. The solution being a "rubber ell" sold by Chrysler, that fits the A/C evaporator drain tube, keeps the evaporator water from trickling back inside the vehicle cab. A devil to get to, need long skinny arms to get tween the engine and firewall, to slip on the rubber ell.

Last edited by djetelina; 05-07-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:06 PM

I had this problem on my 04 Intrepid, and in that case, after a lot of cussing and head scratching, it turned out to be something as simple as the door seal not being firmly seated on the bottom front edge of the door frame.
After I pushed it back in firmly, the leak went away.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:24 PM

I still leak water, only when I drive in the rain. It can rain hard, but the car just sets there no water inside. I think it comes in the frame rail under the car

Old 05-07-2018, 11:03 PM

Look for a missing plastic plug or opening in the lower engine compartment. They are there for running wires and such. If one comes out, water can get in when moving.

Old 01-14-2020, 03:24 PM

Same problem, can you repost pics please?

Old 01-16-2020, 09:16 PM

Larry, is there somewhere I can send you several pics of what we did to fix a leak coming inside a 2004 Pac ? It may help fix yours or someone else's too. Extra work but was surely worth it. I am mostly computer savy in sending. *BW*

Quick Reply: Water leak on driver's floor