Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

where is the dvd player?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Default where is the dvd player?

Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of an 04 Pacifica AWD model as of the other day. I picked it up for my wife as a replacment for her aging Taurus. So far so good, we both love the car and I think it was a smart move and she's always wanted a Pacifica.

Anyways, I do a have a question for you all. I've done my research, or so I thought I did, about the options that these things came with. I have the dvd player option on the vehicle and I could have sworn that with that equipment installed in the dash, you would have the fold down screen installed for the rear passangers. Well, I'm stumped because I have the DVD player but no screen. Is the screen an "add on" item that has to be done by the owner?

Thanks everyone,
Mario

Old 08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Default RE: where is the dvd player?

The rear screen is an option that either comes from the factory or you can get afterwards. In your case you'll have to order the screen and the wiring harness that has to be run from the dvd player, up the A pillar and back to the screen. Personally I would have rather mine didn't come w/ the option ($990) because the aftermarket screens are much better. Unfortunately, the dealer added it I guess because people want that feature.

The OEM screen is only 7" whereas the aftermarket units have screens up to 10" and costs about $500-$700 including a built in dvd player. The OEM screen is also pretty bulky.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:23 PM

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured that the screen what optional. So with the in dash dvd player now, am I looking at just rca video cables from the dash to the screen and of course some power lines to whatever lcd display I choose to put in there? Or does the in dash dvd player require some sort of Chrysler specific wiring harness?

Old 08-04-2006, 07:52 PM

You'll need a special harness with specific shaped plugs. The RCA jacks in the front of the DVD player are inputs and not outputs. Someone actually documented the install, http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/carter...erfx/my_photos

Old 08-06-2006, 10:20 AM

Thanks Chris. That link you provided was very helpful!