Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Who has lowered their Pacifica?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Default Who has lowered their Pacifica?

I don't want to pound this thing to the floor, but I would like to lose some of the day light I see between the fender and the tire. What are your experiences with lowering this? Which products to use, and which to stay away from? 1 3/4" would be nice to see IMO.

Here is the ol ladies Pacifica....
Name:  IMG-20110423-00436.jpg
Views: 8759
Size:  142.7 KB

Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 PM

If you want to absolutely ruin your car and the way it handles and drives...go ahead. You will also have no resale value whatsoever.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:34 PM

Thanks for your reply, but I am not concerned about that. When its my car, its my car. When I want to sell it, I can swap the springs back out myself and put the factory ones back in. No big deal. I do all my wrenching on my own cars.
Please remember the question asked when replying, your opinion on what I do with my car is irrelavant.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ttype
Thanks for your reply, but I am not concerned about that. When its my car, its my car. When I want to sell it, I can swap the springs back out myself and put the factory ones back in. No big deal. I do all my wrenching on my own cars.
Please remember the question asked when replying, your opinion on what I do with my car is irrelavant.
There are forums elsewhere on the internet where "Kewl Kidz" hang out. Maybe you should go to one of those and ask. They are experts at destoying perfectly good cars....or "wrenching" as you put it.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 AM

Thanks for your warm hospitality. Do you treat all new comers with the same belligerent attitude? At 49 years old, I highly doubt that I am trying to follow "Kewl Kidz". My perference with my car is a lower look. A inch to a inch and 3/4" is hardly a drastic difference over stock. Get over yourself and stop making things personal, you don't know me to belittle me. If I choose to moderately lower my car, I fail to see how that impacts your life for you to respond in the manner that you do. Move on to another thread if mine bothers you so much. I am quite sure I am not the only one on here that would like to see and hear personal experience from people that have done this, because there are quite a few brands of lowering springs offered for this vehicle. So the demand is obviously out there.

Last edited by ttype; 09-22-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM

I think a subtle lowered stance would be a nice, tasteful improvement. My experience with lowering several vehicles is that it not only improves the looks, but also the handling. Yes, the ride might be a bit more harsh but everything is a tradeoff. I personally think that the body roll & nose dive on these Pacificas is pretty severe. I could see a stiffer spring rate being a nice improvement. I lowered a Trailblazer a few years back, and it greatly improved the handling. But hey, I'm not a "tech", I'm just a 35 year old automotive engineer (aka kewl kid), so wtf do I know.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:07 PM

I thought about lowering and putting in Koni's and opening up the exhaust too..I have had this car since new and would like to get a little better handling...any thoughts???

Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM

Well, for one, the suspension aftermarket is about nill for the Pacifica. While I do agree about an inch lower would improve the looks dramatically, I wonder how it would affect the rear suspension. Since the front is just a basic macpherson strut setup, it would be easy to swap in a quality spring and strut(if available) but the rear with the self leveling suspension is another beast.

Also, I dont think there is an aftermarket strut that is available for the Pacifica being lowered. Just simply replacement struts only. If you lower a vehicle with a strut that is meant for a standard ride height vehicle, the valving will be off, make the ride harsh, and the strut will prematuarly fail. If its valved for a lowering spring/coilovers then it will be what you are after.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 PM

Ttype, did you ever lower your PAC, if so how and are you happy with the result? I still want to do it!

Old 08-31-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ttype
Originally Posted by hkphoto
I thought about lowering and putting in Koni's and opening up the exhaust too..I have had this car since new and would like to get a little better handling...any thoughts???
I have a straight 2 1/4 pipe from muffler back. Cut out the resonator and second muffler with a stainless tip on it. There is a dead spot around 200rpm but when you get past that it pulls. I am running the 19's with 90s instead of 95s..that dropped it about an inch but have more space between the wheel wells.

Quick Reply: Who has lowered their Pacifica?