2006 pt Cruiser, cranks, no start, spark verified - Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

Old 01-08-2018, 01:49 PM

Default 2006 pt Cruiser, cranks, no start, spark verified

Hi guys. I have a 2006 PT Cruiser, 2.4, non turbo that was running rough. I pulled the codes and had a misfire in cylinder one. I also had a leaky valve cover gasket. So I pulled the intake off and changed the gasket, plugs, plug wires, and coil pack while I had it all apart. Plugs are gapped at .40 as the manual says. I put it all back together and it won’t start now. It cranks and I verified spark is getting to the plugs with a tester. I even sprayed stating fluid down the throttle. Cranks but nothing. What did I do wrong or forget. Please help. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

so your getting spark at the plugs?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Yes. I ground the plugs and watched them spark as it turned over. Here’s everything that I have done. Pulled intake to access spark plugs and valve cover. Pulled valve cover and changed gasket. Changed plugs, wires, and coil pack. Verified spark at the spark plug. The plu itself is firing. Made sure of the order of wires. Re-attached intake and all sensors and vacuum lines as well as throttle cable. Cranks. No start. Shot starter fluid down throttle intake. Didn’t even sputter. Took off the cam sensor and verified cams are turning, replaced sensor. Still carmaker no start. Got Checked for fuel pump sound start up. Can hear fuel pump spinning up when key is turn to on position.

Just did did a hard reset of the tipm by unplugging it and connecting battery cables together over night. Re-assembled. Cranks. No start. Threw error code p0522 oil pressure sensor low voltage.

that’s where I am. Hands in the air. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:59 PM

Oh btw, checked oil. Plenty of new, clean oil.

Also forgot to mention, checked compression, all cylinders good.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:46 PM

Something sure does NOT sound right. Have spark, hear fuel pump, Starting fluid will not fire up the motor, and good compression.
Even if injectors are not working ...starting fluid will fire off if there is spark.
I would check ALL fuses on the fuse panel, not sure on the cruiser's but there may be a fuse for pcm or injectors blown. Hang in there,got to be something simple that seems to be awry here.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

only need 3 things to start a car spark fuel and air if it was running before you took it spark and not now it has to be user error aka bad wires coil what ever. or installed something wrong. Take the intake off and put old coil back on see what that does
Old 03-04-2018, 07:17 AM

so your getting spark at the plugs?..
thank you for reply