Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

airbag light/airbags

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Angry airbag light/airbags

iv just been told by chrysler assistance that airbags arent that important and i can drive my car with the airbag light on (and therefore the airbags switched off) as people up and down the country drive cars without airbags all the time...

i think the difference is - i BOUGHT a car WITH airbags - i EXPECT them to work! (is that so unreasonable) and when they dont i expect CHRYSLER to come and GET the car, not me drive it without an important safety feature! in the snow... how mental!

so, what do i do?

any helpful suggestions listened to, as im sitting crying at the moment and im sure that wont help!

j xx

Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 PM

It's sorta true what the agent said... Airbags are ONLY a supplement to seatbelts. What year of car is this? Is there warranty? An airbag light can be caused by several things. Something as simple as a car starter inproperly installed can render an airbag light. Your car will function normally with the light on, you have nothing to worry about driving it. You could take it in and they should be able to tell you what the problem is tho. I would not waste your time with an independant on this, as a Chrysler dealer will have all the tools and will have more overall know-how on these types of problems.

All the best.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:41 AM

Hi
Does your dealer do a collection? get one of them to drive it if you feel unsafe. Just because the air bag light is on you air bag may not be disabled it could still work will and depend on the impact and the fault detected.