Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

Front end issues galore

Old 04-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Default Front end issues galore

I was wondering if any of you have had similar problems as mine. I bought a 2002 PT Cruiser Limited in late 2002. It currently has 64,000 miles on it. I have been VERY good at keeping up with maint. I love the car for its style and room verses size. My only problem is the car has had recurrent issues. Heres a list of problems and where serviced: Watts link bad - dealer, Rack arm - Dealer, Outer tie rods - Private mechanic, Wheel bearings 2X one side 3x the other side - 1 pair at dealer, rest at private mechanic, I have also had the rotors replaced twice with new pads and the drums once with new shoes. Now the Bearing in the trans axle is bad as well as the lower control arm bushing and drive axles. I have also had a recurrent problem with the trans axle input and output sensors causing shifting problems. This doesnt include small items like the wiper motor in the tail gate freezing up. I dont beat on the car at all. I feel a car with 64,000 miles shouldnt be having all of these recurrent problems. I know a wheel bearing can go as well as a tie rod but 5 wheel bearings plus everything else. I had purchased the extended warranty and got screwed on that as well since the company went under. I was just wondering if im alone? Was I the guy that got a lemon?