Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

Plastic connector @multi-function switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:32 AM
Unhappy Plastic connector @multi-function switch

Help, my relatively trouble free 01 PT has an issue at the multi-function switch. The plastic connector for the lighting harness (22 pin) was so brittle that it fell apart when removed for switch replacement. I got another connector from salvage and changed it out. This in itself was a challange as the terminals were secured in the plug w/plastic tabs that mostly broke off during terminal removal. I did manage to get everything back together and working w/silicone applied to secure wires and terminals in "new" plug. Now the new (less than 6 months old) switch appears to be bad. When checking the plug to be sure all terminals are still intact, the replacement plug is showing signs of crumbling. It is back together w/high beams only (the current problem) and they will intermittently go out. I am reluctant to take it apart again without a new plug on hand as I feel it will fall apart also. Is there anyone in the aftermarket that reproduces the plug housing or is the oem supplier to chrysler? Also although I don't believe it to be the problem, where is the Headlamp relay located? Nothing in the power distribution box under the hood is labeled as such and removing the 2 relays under the inside fuse box has no effect on the headlights. THANX for any leads or advice, Roger