Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

****CAN SOMEONE HELP TELL THE TRUTH*****REAR STUDS SNAPPED !!!!!

Old 06-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Default ****CAN SOMEONE HELP TELL THE TRUTH*****REAR STUDS SNAPPED !!!!!

I have a Chrysler Voyager 3.3LE V6. On my way home last night three of the studs on the wheel snapped !!!!

I have been told they can be replaced but the whole hub needs to be removed is this true......some responses i have had tell me i dont need to take the wheels hub off, which would save me an arm and an leg !!!

Can a real expert, as i know you guys are (i alsways turn here for guidance) tell me the real score with me replacing the studs.

Much appreciated, I dont want to pay £200 plus which is what i have been quoted for this 2 hrs Job?

Thanks

NisCAPE[]

Old 06-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Default RE: ****CAN SOMEONE HELP TELL THE TRUTH*****REAR STUDS SNAPPED !!!!!

ORIGINAL: NisCAPE

I have a Chrysler Voyager 3.3LE V6. On my way home last night three of the studs on the wheel snapped !!!!

I have been told they can be replaced but the whole hub needs to be removed is this true......some responses i have had tell me i dont need to take the wheels hub off, which would save me an arm and an leg !!!

Can a real expert, as i know you guys are (i alsways turn here for guidance) tell me the real score with me replacing the studs.

Much appreciated, I dont want to pay £200 plus which is what i have been quoted for this 2 hrs Job?

Thanks

NisCAPE[]
I had this happen to me when I had new tires installed only when I tried to remove the lug nuts to install new brake pads
when I tried to remove the lug nuts 2 studs snapped this was on the front so I was able to get new studs in. When I have anyone remove the lug nuts I have them only tighten 90 PSI I carry my torque wrench with me and re-torque them to 100 PSI in front of the service dept. That really torques them but it works. I assume this is in the front and not the rear?

Daryl

Old 06-21-2008, 08:25 PM

thanks daryl !!!!

Can anyone confirm the same for the rear, simple drill out the old nuts and in with the new ???

Old 06-22-2008, 04:24 AM

Hi
Fronts as posted can be done rear no sorry need to remover the rub.