Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

01 T&C Power slider unlatches then stops

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Default 01 T&C Power slider unlatches then stops

Hello....My 01 T&C LXI 3.8L Drivers side Power slider unlatches then stops intermittantly...It seems to happen more commonly at colder temperatures. I've looked over the flexible track the wire bundle thatrides in it and see no obvious damage to wiring or the track itself. After searching the issue on this site, I've seen a mention of a software update?

I'm curious if a software update has anything to do with an inttermittant problem that seems to be triggered by cold weather but I could be wrong...Are there proximity switches that tell the motor where that door is that may be going bad? Any suggestions??

I previously had an issue with the cutch pack dragging on the samedoor,but since thenI've lubricated all of the bearings supporting the door slide mechanism and also have cleaned and de burred all of the parts inside the actuatorsclutch pack as described here on this forum. That seemed to cure my dragging problem but it seems to be slowly creeping back.

Any other help and or tipson what to troubleshoot nextwould be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your valuable time.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Default RE: 01 T&C Power slider unlatches then stops

The latch mechanism contains switches that tell the computer the position of the door, so the computer can move to the next step in the opening process. If the computer isn't getting a signal that the door is popped open, it would stop the process at that point. There are other things that could cause the problem, but that's the most likely. The software update doesn't apply to 01's. Anyway, if it is the latch, the cure would be into replace it with a new one (the switches aren't servicable separately).

Old 12-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Default RE: 01 T&C Power slider unlatches then stops

Thanks for the tip..I had'nt thought of the latch at all.. I'll have a look at the latch wiring for obvious defects and go from there..

Thanks again for your time..