Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 CRD Voyager 10 Minute Fault code reset HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Default 02 CRD Voyager 10 Minute Fault code reset HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!

I am still suffering with my 02 CRD Grand Voyager...

All the symptoms are very strange...

She will drive Ok for an undefined amount of time and then stall - usually when pointing downhill and also when on a turn but not specifically as other times have been when idling.

She will then not start for 10 minutes no matter what is tried - Once the 10 minutes are up she will start again on the button as if nothing has hapenned.

So far we tried... new diesel filter, new cam sensor, new low pressure pump. I have also dropped the tank and removed the tank sender unit and it is clean as a whistle - no obstructions or grime.

There are no engine management codes... I have put a code reader on the vehicle and nothing has been brought up.

Dan was kind enough to check my injectors for me last week and they all appear balanced and happy.

I am now pulling my hair out - Please, Please, Please any body who has any ideas no matter how daft they may sound, please pass them on as I am going mad!

Old 10-17-2011, 04:24 PM

Zero experience with diesels but as with any engine, it needs fuel and spark to run. Next time it stalls check for both.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 PM

We never see diesel vans in USA. While the problem is live, can you communicate with a scan tool? Something is getting hot and killing it and the 10 minutes is apparently the nominal cool-down. Could be a sensor, could be a relay, could be the ECU. Did you change your fuel filter?

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Zero experience with diesels but as with any engine, it needs fuel and spark to run. Next time it stalls check for both.
Diesel engines don't have a spark. They fire from the heat of compression. The glow plugs get it started on it's way to get to that high temp.

Last edited by TNtech; 10-17-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
Diesel engines don't have a spark. They fire from the heat of compression. The glow plugs get it started on it's way to get to that high temp.
Thanks for the diesel 101. I need it.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 AM

Nearly every part has been changed now (inc fuel filter) except for the ECU - But something doesnt quite add up for it to be the ECU.

All relays have been checked and swopped over.

Its this whole 10 minute wait that I think is key here - I just cant put my finger on it.

I have ecen changed the battery as I heard a low voltage can affect the system.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP - I have no hair left to pull out any more

Old 10-18-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Thanks for the diesel 101. I need it.
I think I would like passenger car diesels but I loathe the big ones like the Cummins in the trucks. Big, heavy, dirty. If I wanted to work on semis, I wouldn't have went to a car dealer lol.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:50 PM

I think I would like passenger car diesels but I loathe the big ones like the Cummins in the trucks. Big, heavy, dirty. If I wanted to work on semis, I wouldn't have went to a car dealer lol.

Well thats nice... If you want to discuss something like that - why not put a post up somewhere else!

Some of us here have problems that they would like to discuss... Not to have their thread pulled off topic like this.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by steveo
Well thats nice... If you want to discuss something like that - why not put a post up somewhere else!

Some of us here have problems that they would like to discuss... Not to have their thread pulled off topic like this.
You sound pissed

Last edited by TNtech; 10-18-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:11 AM

You sound pissed

Quite simply "YES"

People come to this part of the forum as they need help, Not to hear some apparently senior member waffle and pull the thread of track, talking about their likes and dislikes.

I have seen this so many times on this forum, some poor guy asks for help on how to fix his car and a few non thinking members waffle and take the thread of track. Which then pisses the poor guy off - the Forum never sees him again as he doesnt see the value in the forum.

For this forum to work, it needs a bit of structure.

I may be new to Chryslers and this forum, but I am not new to forums and their successes.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:59 PM

Obviously I can't help you much but stick around a bit. There's plenty of knowledgeable people on this forum. If it you don't get what you're looking for try these forums:
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club
DodgeForum.com
Automotive Forums .com - Car Chat Forum - Connecting the Auto Enthusiasts
The Allpar forum
The OBDII codes forum

Quick Reply: 02 CRD Voyager 10 Minute Fault code reset HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!