Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

02 voyager stalling

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Default 02 voyager stalling

hi guys. i hope you can help me with this stalling problem. my wife drives 02 voyager 2.4l. it stalls at least once a week. everytime i test drive it, it won't stall. she told me that it only stalls when she is stopping at the light, not during accelaration. when i test drove it, idle was ok. no rough idle. i did notice one time it chugg on me during accelaration when i lightly hit the gas. the only code thats stored was an egr leak. but i don't think thats anything to do with the stalling. i have change crank sensor, cam sensor, fuel filter, clean the throttle body.
any ideas what it could be?
also correct me if i'm wrong. i'm going towards changing the iacv. if it's a bad iacv, wouldn't it stalls on during accelaration and have a rough idle?
also, how do you check for a bad throttle position sensor?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:44 PM

whats even funny is that chrysler tech can't figure it out whats the problem when i brought it to the dealership. they're speculating what might be the problem and try to charge me for the things they will change, but might not fix the problem. how can a chrysler tech can't figure it out when all they work on are those cars?

Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by kg98921byrams
whats even funny is that chrysler tech can't figure it out whats the problem when i brought it to the dealership. they're speculating what might be the problem and try to charge me for the things they will change, but might not fix the problem. how can a chrysler tech can't figure it out when all they work on are those cars?
Are you really that ignorant? Yes, someone should be able to tell you exactly what is wrong with your car when there are no codes and they can't duplicate your complaint that occurs once a week.

Just so you know, they're trying to blow you out the door with a crazy stupid estimate so you will go away.....because you're being a pain in the @ss. You think there is a magical car machine that tells them exactly what happened and what to replace. It doesn't work that way.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:19 AM

Bad batch of fuel or blockage in fuel system. Stick in some fuel additive, some shell V-Power and give it a good blast on the motorway. Worked for me

Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
Are you really that ignorant? Yes, someone should be able to tell you exactly what is wrong with your car when there are no codes and they can't duplicate your complaint that occurs once a week.

Just so you know, they're trying to blow you out the door with a crazy stupid estimate so you will go away.....because you're being a pain in the @ss. You think there is a magical car machine that tells them exactly what happened and what to replace. It doesn't work that way.
so your telling me that i should just let it keep stalling cause there is no such things as good mechanics. maybe one day i get in an accident cause the car is not fixable. i'm sure a good mechanic can fix the problem. i bet you a mechanic thats proficient with an oscilloscope could identify the problem. and every dealership should have a foreman or some kind of high rank technician.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:35 PM

My wife's 02 2.4 van did the same, intermittent stalling and rough idle. I removed the throttle body and gave a good clean with carb cleaner, also cleaned the idle control valve. It runs perfectly since then.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:37 AM

It is simple to change car or go to mechanic which is a proper suggestion and advice. No one can explain car mechanicals and give proper response.