Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Towbar electrics

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Default Towbar electrics

Hi there, can any one tell me what colour cable i connect the blue fog light wire from my towbar electrics into within the rear wiring loom. I have managed to find and connect all the other cables but am struggling with this one. Thanks in advance
Simon

Old 11-22-2010, 12:15 PM

Hello Simon

I can't tell you what colour but there are two ways to do this.
Do you have a test lamp? If so find the earth [negative] wire & hook into that. Then get a helper to turn the side lamps on & off so you can find the side lamp wire at the connector to the light cluster. [The reason for this is that BOTH side lamp & fog lamp curcuits will be live at the same time & you need to know which one to ignore] Now get your helper to switch through Dipped headlamps to the fog lamp position & check that the lamps light up on the car. Now simply use your test lamp to find the wire that has become live. Check you are right by getting your helper to switch the fog lamps on & off.
The other method id by following the metal strips in the back of the lamp cluster. The fog lamp is the bottom bulb & the Positive will be to the cernter of that bulb. Remove the bulb holder from the lamp cluster & follow the metal strip from the fog lamp bulb to the connector, through the connector & hey presto, that'll be your wire.
I hope this helps
Gareth