Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

03 voyager 3.3 wont start (turn over)

Old 08-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Default 03 voyager 3.3 wont start (turn over)

I have had some problems as of late and it is boggling me. the van stalled a few times while driving and idling. it would start once in a while after it stalled. now it wont start at all. I cant get the engine to turn over at all. EVERY electrical device in the car works. I have checked continuity between the starter relay (which clicks on when you turn the key) all the way to the starter solenoid (the starter is brand new and works if jumped with a wire). I found some info on here saying to check "pin 21" on the back of the center consol, that seems to be fine if I am looking in the right place. I am pretty sure that it doesn't have the immobilizer, though i cant find any info that says how to tell.

Basically I am stumped. All i can think is that the neutral safety switch might be bad, but I dont know where it is or how to check it.

Please help, as we need this van running ASAP. Thanks

Old 08-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

any codes in the computer?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 AM

the check engine light isnt even on and i dont have access an obd II scanner. i am hoping to get a wiring diagram from the dealership today and i am going to start checking continuity tonight.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:15 PM

well no luck on the wiring diagram from the dealership. you would think that they would have detailed information at their fingertips, but i got this printout of a few of the elcetrical components that look like a 5 year old drew them.

is there anyplace to get wiring diagrams without having to pay an arm and a leg for them? i have seen a few links while surfing the forums and the only one i found that pertained to the 03 voyager was a broken file that wouldnt open (pdf).

Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 PM

I finally found the elusive factory service manual for an 03 voyager!

hit the link and there is a list of manuals and stuff. number 14 on the list is the one you want. Download the 2 .zip files and have fun.

Found all the info i need and lots more, only wish I had a DRBIII scanner to play with now.