Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

06 T&C: Brake warning light when cruise control is activated

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Default 06 T&C: Brake warning light when cruise control is activated

I've searched through the older posts and found nothing related. This is my first post, hopefully someone has an idea on this, me and my mechanic are stumped.

My wife has a 2006 Town & Country Touring Edition and whenever she engages the cruise control, the brake warning light will come on. We have verified the fluid level and the brake components, everything seems fine with the braking system. The vehicle stops fine and the brake lights work. We haven't had the light come on at any other time when the cruise control is NOT on.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 AM

Not sure if the issue is just getting worse or what but this morning my wife had the brake system warning light come on while backing out of the driveway. Once again I checked everything out and all was well with the brakes. Does anyone know what are the items I can check which will cause this light to come on? The manuals (Owners and Haynes) state things like fluid levels or completely worn out pads which is not the case in this instance. The vehicle stops fine and all of the brake lights work.

Could a failing brake light pedal switch cause this kind of behavior? Or perhaps some type of electrical issue such as a failing alternator?

Thanks again,
Scott

Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 AM

Chances are it's a wheel speed sensor. No way to know until the scan tool is hooked up.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 AM

Thanks TNtech, we'll hook one up tonight and see what comes up. I wasn't aware things like that showed up using a scan tool, I thought it was just emissions related stuff. Do you know if it will show up in the history or does the light need to come on while the scan tool is hooked up?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Scott,

Have you been able to determine the cause of the brake light illumination?