Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Town & Country VES Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 10:10 AM

Yes 3rd row monitor works fine video plays its just that middle one that is still blank. As the video shows the shinier of the the pins on the ribbon cable were inserted up that's what I did .I did notice that when you pushed the cable in it went in easy then when pushing the locks back down to secure the cable, if you pushed one at a time the other would come loose, so I had to push both at same time to get them to stay.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 AM

Yes 3rd row does work I went a head and took it all apart again reset the wire good connection . Same result middle monitor still blank but 3rd row is still working with the DVD .

Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 PM

Check this out!!! We received ours and are installing it this weekend. Will post results then. X fingers
2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Routan Caravan Town Country VES 2nd Row Monitor Fix DIY | eBay

Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 PM

Well we got our ribbon cable today. Wish us luck! It's truly shameful that Chrysler is screwing people over by allowing them to throw down nearly $1000 to replace a module "knowing" that the $20 cracked ribbon cable is the fix. Shame Shame Chrysler!!!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Exclamation VES turns on but no image

I've had the same issues described here so I purchase a new ribbon on ebay and replaced today and it worked like a charm, however later today my 2nd row screen lost image, 3rd row is working just fine as it is supposed to.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be now? 2nd row has power, when you open the chysler logo comes on but it just stays blank, with power, but blank... Do you think it could be fuses? Or do is there a reset that I can perform? Everything looks great and powers on but I have no image...

We use the 2nd row the most because I have 3 kids and my youngest goes in the 2nd row in his car seat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: If you're having the issue with the 2nd row dead and the 3rd row with split screen don't waste your money with Chrysler changing the module. The problem is the ribbon on the 2nd row screen. $25 bucks and 60 min of your time you should have everything working.

I agree with fellow owners here that chrysler probably knows that is a cracked ribbon but they are changing modules (or so we think they are) and making you pay a lot of money for it. My next mini van will definitely be their competition...

Thanks for looking into this!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 04:18 PM

I'm having a similar problem in that the 3rd row DVD screen works fine with all functions. The 2nd row only works if it's not opened all the way. Opening it all the way it will show the Chrysler logo but then go blank. If I start to close the screen I will come to a point in which the screen starts working again. I replaced the ribbon cable and that doesn't seem to work.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by bbfaria
I've had the same issues described here so I purchase a new ribbon on ebay and replaced today and it worked like a charm, however later today my 2nd row screen lost image, 3rd row is working just fine as it is supposed to.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be now? 2nd row has power, when you open the chysler logo comes on but it just stays blank, with power, but blank... Do you think it could be fuses? Or do is there a reset that I can perform? Everything looks great and powers on but I have no image...

We use the 2nd row the most because I have 3 kids and my youngest goes in the 2nd row in his car seat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: If you're having the issue with the 2nd row dead and the 3rd row with split screen don't waste your money with Chrysler changing the module. The problem is the ribbon on the 2nd row screen. $25 bucks and 60 min of your time you should have everything working.

I agree with fellow owners here that chrysler probably knows that is a cracked ribbon but they are changing modules (or so we think they are) and making you pay a lot of money for it. My next mini van will definitely be their competition...

Thanks for looking into this!!!

Just an update to my own thread. I reopened the screen and noticed that the new ribbon cable that I replaced when closing the screen case it made a crease and that was why it wasn't working. I carefully placed the ribbon in a position that would not crease when closing the casing and that did the trick. Everything works fine now and if you are having this issue it's worth checking the ribbon first before even thinking about something else or taking it to the dealership since they will tell you it's something else and most of the time that something will be really expensive.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:17 AM

You are absolutely correct, sometimes the cable will get too sharp of a bend in it when installed. This in itself shouldn't affect the signal unless one of the ZIF sockets is not fully seated and latched. Try to keep a softer "S" shape in the bends of the cable and verify the sockets are fully latched to hopefully avoid this problem.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 AM

Where do I get the ribbon cable? .....2008 t&c

Thank you!

Old 01-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Exclamation ribbon replaced, still black screen

I had the same issue as OP and bought the ribbon on eBay, install went great. However, I still have a black screen. The VES does power up when I open the screen this time, did not before. Does anyone know of any other troubleshooting tips? (p1cm01dw1ah, 2nd row.)

Quick Reply: 08 Town & Country VES Problem