Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.8 CRD which sot ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Default 2.8 CRD which sot ???

As above really..........
I am trying to fit a Parrot CK3100 into my GV 2.8 CRD. It was previously in my 3.3 petrol with no problems.
I have read hundreds of posts offering a ' non amped ' sot. To which people fail to come back with the final solution.
However I have spoken with a local audio shop who tell me I need an SOT with an inbuilt amp , but they are unsure as to which one, and I have never heard of such a thing.
Alledgedly with this item many of the Parrot leads become redundant and there is no need to find the radio amp itself.
As per...... Chrysler/Fiat garages not interested in the problem and can't even tell me which radio is fitted. ( it is original Non satnav 2005 Stow n Go ).
Can any body shed any light please.

Thanks
Oh and did I say they will want £90.00 inc vat for the lead if they supply it.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:39 AM

Hi there,

This is always a *fun* topic. Take a look at some of my previous answers:
https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...car-kit-24379/

As I also hit a few problems, and to save a few 'cheaper' SOT cables, I've tried them all!
I also posted on my blog a few answers and info I found trying to do the same:
Andy Brown's blog - Stuff that I think of including Arduino, CCTV, TVHeadend and Kodi stuff: Chrysler Grand Voyager - Sound System quandry

Again, I didn't solve it using the radio system and gave up in the end and went with a separate speaker for my Parrot bluetooth.

Good luck and please do post back your findings and progress, and before you get them to fit anything check they will guarantee it will work, or your money back (None of this, hourly rate regardless rubbish).

Old 03-14-2016, 11:49 AM

Thanks for that............
Those posts were the most comprehensive I had read prior to making my plea for help.
Back to the audio shop , having told me the lead I require was in stock ( checked with supplier whilst I was waiting in shop....) it now transpires the lead is on 2 weeks back order..............
Might be promising that it is selling out quickly ...... or might be completely the wrong lead and they have to order it as a special ! ! ! !
Either way I will post back when I am £90 lighter...... w/c 21st March

Regards
Ian

Old 03-15-2016, 06:11 AM

Update .........
Just realised I was given a receipt for the T lead they reccomend.

CTTC H002

Just googled it ( cheaper of course )..............

Anomally...............

2 leads out there ..... CTTC H001 + CTTC H002

The 001 is for 2008-20013 and the 002 is for 2001-2004

Mine is 2006..........

Will it work ????

????

And still we wait

Old 03-15-2016, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the update, yes please keep us informed as I'd love to get to the bottom of this finally!

So, the one you've found online "Connects2 CTTCH002":

Is one I looked at also originally, it's listed as an audio mute cable but very little other detail on it at all so I'm a little unsure what and where that fits in.
My assumption is that it's talking on the CANBUS network on the car and controlling the amplifier via the audio cables as I suspected.

So when it arrives, would be very interested in better pictures of the connectors on it and also any wiring diagram it comes with.

I see what you mean on the version differences between 001 and 002, there is an interesting gap in the years it supports, mine is a 2005 so similar to yours fits inbetween the listed dates.

Just make sure they'll take a return if it's non-functioning I'd say!

Attached Thumbnails 2.8 CRD which sot ???-img_sot.jpg  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:23 PM

So ...........
After a 4 week wait , my special part to adapt the parrot CK3100 for my 2.8 CRD GV ,arrived.

AND IT WORKS ................ Hoorah ! ! ! ( sod the expense .... cheaper than getting nicked ).

After a long delay and a possible change to the original part..............

A MatchMute ( made in Italy ) is the part that arrived , fitted and worked.

You do away with all of the Parrot leads ! ! ! and any sot (048 / 096 whatever ).

This has two connectors which fit directly to the Parrot blue box , and one connector to the car loom and one into the radio ............. that is it ! ! !

The new MatchMute has 4 din switches ( for different speakers ... on or off ), and an adjustable volume out screw.

So the only Parrot bits required are the blue box /screen and mic.

It cost me £90 , but money well spent I think.

Good luck

Old 04-05-2016, 06:44 AM

Thanks for the feedback, glad it's all working for you.

Can you get the product codes/numbers off the unit you installed in the end? "Match Mute" isn't coming up with a lot of matches from here and I'm curious what the exact product code is.

It makes sense how it connects but I suspect it's generating a digital signal on the cables which may be where I was lacking in my cheaper solutions.

Any photos too would be great so I can see if I can come up with a solution/alternatives too.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:23 PM

Have tried to upload photo.
Just says MatchMute ..............
Prefix with interface and a Spanish site has it.

As I say , I waited 4 weeks , so I suspect they could not source the original suggestion.

Attached Thumbnails 2.8 CRD which sot ???-img_0288.jpg   2.8 CRD which sot ???-img_0292.jpg  

Last edited by bigyellowcroc; 04-05-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:35 PM

Dynamicsounds ( website for garage in Tooting SW17 )

Connects2 CTTAU001 - Audi A2 A3 A4 TT Handsfree Mute Interface Lead

The exact kit I received but for £56.00 ( Match mute ) DOH ! ! ! !

Old 04-07-2016, 02:36 AM

aha, yes the Audi cable was what I'd figured it was, going to try and get circuit diagrams for it and work out what it does, but initially I think all it does is switch out the audio to the Parrot source.

Will do some experimenting, as that leads me to believe the audio feed from yours is different to mine. But I probably need to spend another afternoon testing the various leads that feed in and out of the stereo and try to trace it down.

(My ultimate goal here is two-fold. One to fit my Parrot properly (Instead of a separate speaker) and two is to change the head unit to one of the chinese imported Android powered head units that do everything!)

Thanks again for the feedback.