Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 good keys, but impossible to enter programming mode, help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 01:30 PM

i know i bought 3 id46 transponders and 2 more plain keys like photo i added transponder to china keyfob, and have 2 plain keys with 2 transponders, i know the drill is not my first rodeo, strange enought my first grand voyager i bought in france and programming worked fine, this one is italian, i cannot find nothing regarding coutry codes limitations

Old 11-16-2014, 02:00 PM

No, agreed, I could not find a list of what each country code allows as a default instruction set.
insert new programmed key and it works, several successful tries ok, I get out of the car enter it runs, go home to drink a beer 5 minutes and does not work anymore
I've no idea why this is not working, if the id46 accepts the code it should work, the id46 is a proximity device, as far as I'm aware the id46 can never be unlocked by any software although many throughout the world claim to be able to do so.

............... old thread on this subject here ........................

Old 11-16-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
No, agreed, I could not find a list of what each country code allows as a default instruction set.

I've no idea why this is not working, if the id46 accepts the code it should work, the id46 is a proximity device, as far as I'm aware the id46 can never be unlocked by any software although many throughout the world claim to be able to do so.

............... old thread on this subject here ........................
me too this is the strangest thing i ever get in programming keys, but i can assure you that key is programmed because if i do nothing engine 2 seconds run i do the programming without chimes and its good for like i said 5 minutes go to car and 2 seconds run, please see my other post in how to program new key fob.

ii know witech does the job 500 euros, but there are some key clone machines less expensive, and even this new avdi abrites that is less expensive them witech, it says that works with all GV but -2006 need the adapter (cheap) the problem is that china sites that never gives you a correct or complete answer about the product.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:33 PM

Find an indi garage near you that has this or this it won't code keys but it will clear out corrupted country codes and corresponding corrupted 'customer preferences'.

Look I would never believe any one who told me that any diagnostic scanner or universal key programmer would do all manufacturers and all years, because they don't really exist. Some are better than others and many are useless at particular brands with a mismatch of different BUS protocols. The Chrysler brand is one such brand that's notoriously bad with many of the worlds so called good scanners.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:58 AM

perfect i would not know that the x431 would do this kind of job, maybe i can find a garage with it because is one of the most used diagnostic tools in the market, thanks for pointing this.
now i need to start the hunt for a garage with x431
if not sucessful i will grab the witech later on, right now i do not use too much my car i have my motos to go anywhere, if i get someone with x431 ok if not i grab witech that way i can verify the problem i have in my AC too

Old 11-17-2014, 08:30 AM

wiTECH is brilliant and easy to use compared to DRB's and starscan or starmobile but its a very expensive product run via a VPN and the annual maintenance costs are high - read this for an honest appraisal.

Its so good if you buy one .. .. can I borrow it for a year or two ?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:23 AM

will you make money with it the way it can be payed, if yes them i see no problem i buying one(for me the problem is psend 500 euros for just my car), i can borrow to you, but first let me see more info about this after purchase costs