Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 voyager remote locking issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 AM
Default 2004 voyager remote locking issues

i have problem with my 04 reg 2.8 ltd xs, it has the power doors/tailgate, the remote fob wont open the doors or set the alarm the red light on the dash for the alarm isnt illuminated ive tried stuff in posts that ive found on here but still nothing, however the doors will lock using the lock button inside, tested the remote and thats giving out a signal, took to dealer, they say it needs a skim unit?, but isnt the skim unit part of the ignition barrel where the key is, and isnt the remote locking and alarm a seperate entity to the immobiliser, does anyone know where the remote locking receiver/ecu is?, as i have another voyager i could swap with to see if it workss?, cheers in advance matt

Old 03-25-2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by tag-uk
i have problem with my 04 reg 2.8 ltd xs, it has the power doors/tailgate, the remote fob wont open the doors or set the alarm the red light on the dash for the alarm isnt illuminated ive tried stuff in posts that ive found on here but still nothing, however the doors will lock using the lock button inside, tested the remote and thats giving out a signal, took to dealer, they say it needs a skim unit?, but isnt the skim unit part of the ignition barrel where the key is, and isnt the remote locking and alarm a seperate entity to the immobiliser, does anyone know where the remote locking receiver/ecu is?, as i have another voyager i could swap with to see if it workss?, cheers in advance matt
- did you in fact try the IOD fuse
- and battery disconnect
- and re-sync the fob / barrel

BTW if you read the thread link above the """lock button inside""" is part of the problem .. .. stop using it !

I'm NE England if I can help M8

Old 03-25-2012, 03:20 PM

tried all that how do you re-sync the fob barrel

Old 03-25-2012, 06:27 PM

tried all that how do you re-sync the fob barrel
- all these motors check for 15 minutes for errors before the BUS shuts down !
- doubt ? ... manually switch/leave a rear passenger interior light on and lock & leave !
- it will go out at about 15 minutes, and the car will be armed

The answer is :

- key 'live' in the IGN .. .. or simply start the MOTA
- then lock and unlock the doors from the FOB
- then get out and lock in the usual way

NOTE: the BUS needs to be live to [save to the EEPROM] register the 'pairing' with the Body Module for the next unlock.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM

tried that still with no joy! cheers, as for the light one i cant get out and lock the car unless i do it from the key in the lock!.....

Old 03-26-2012, 11:06 AM

tried that still with no joy! cheers, as for the light one i cant get out and lock the car unless i do it from the key in the lock!.....
- sorry I can't help M8, maybe a techie will come along with advanced suggestions
- as far as I'm aware the 'remote keyfob receiver' is built into the rear view mirror

Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 AM

PCI Bus message, or coded messages to the SKREEM. If all of the criteria for monitoring a circuit or function are met and a fault is sensed, a diagnostic trouble code will be stored in the SKREEM memory.

3.2.8 SKREES OPERATION

When ignition power is supplied to the SKREEM, the SKREEM performs an internal self-test. After the self-test is completed, the SKREEM energizes
the antenna (this activates the transponder chip) and sends a challenge to the transponder chip. The transponder chip responds to the challenge by generating an encrypted response message using the following:

- Secret Key - This is an electronically stored value (identification number) that is unique to each SKREES. The secret key is stored in the SKREEM, PCM and all ignition key transponders.

- Challenge - This is a random number that is generated by the SKREEM at each ignition key cycle.