Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 voyager UK

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Default 2004 voyager UK

Hi. Can anyone please help me?
(1) I run a 2004 voyager (UK) and I am looking to purchase, if necessary, a drivers handbook.
(2) After the car has run for a period there is a 'whistling' coming from underneath the car by the front nearside door, and also some blue smoke.
Is this anything to worry about?
Any information will be gratefully received.
Thanks.
Quietman

Old 03-11-2012, 03:49 PM

1. A dealer may be able to help you, or you may find one on ebay from time to time.

2. I assume you have a CRD. If so what you describe is the aux heater.....basically a small diesel fired boiler that operates in cold temperatures to warm the car up quickly.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:26 AM
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 PM

Booke23. thanks for the info, so the 'whistling' and the blue smoke are nothing to worry about?
quietman.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:15 PM

travelmad. thank you for the download, I think it might prove useful although there are some differences between the US and UK versions.
quietman.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM

- its very easy to decide if its a Webasto / Eberspächer
- it will have an exhaust and that exhaust will be easily visible

Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 PM

The whistling is completely normal......although I should say that the aux heater should only run until the car has reached operating temperature. (temperature guage about half way) Members (including myself) have had failed engine thermostats that cause the aux heater to run all the time as the coolant never reaches operating temperature.

The blue smoke is not strictly normal, but my aux heater produces blue smoke if I do a very short journey on a cold day. The heater seems to so this when it shuts down before fully getting up to temperature. So don't worry about it.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:41 AM

Ref Aux Cabin Heater.
Same for me. Used to stay on for 90mins of driving. Changed the Thermostat at the weekend and now operating normally (engine upto temp after 10mins). The old stat was clearly stuck open (tested by blowing through it).
Cant say that ive seen any blue smoke, but at the end of the day its not on for long

Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 AM

Preheated atomised fuel is blown through the the heater at both the start and close down cycle, blue smoke hardly viable at the start, but is an inevitable and unavoidable fact at the close down as it is the dumping of unburned fuel from the burn chamber into the atmosphere.

NOTE - anyone with a Voyager in the UK with one of these auxheaters, I'm envious .. .. perhaps not this particular UK winter in my region, but many in the past and many in the future.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:16 PM

To all of you who answered my queries a BIG THANK YOU.
I certainly know where to come if I have any more problems.
quietman

Quick Reply: 2004 voyager UK