Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 T&C Headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Up4Si
And any other well crafted technicans on this forum, well a message for you: Obviously you are not crafted enough to recognize a true lifetreathning problem but instead you are crafted enough to badmouth people who are trying to do something about it. A sad story for chrysler.

N.H.T.S.A. Intensifies Investigation of Headlight Failures on Chrysler Minivans - NYTimes.com
Chrysler corp does not come here and read, respond, etc. If you want to inquire about how to fix your car that's cool. That's why we come here. Go ahead and search around and see how many people we have helped get back on the road...FOR FREE!!

We do not work for Chrysler therefore we DO NOT care if you are angry with them. We do not field complaints and pass them on. We did not build the car. We did not sell you the car. We are not reponsible for getting your car fixed before you run off the road. That is YOUR responsibility. You want to play that victim garbage go ahead. It's just stupid. Get it fixed, save your receipts, then go complain to Chrysler.

Flaming at the techs on here does you absolutley no good whatsoever. Makes about as much sense as complaining to the Electric Company that your water heater costs too much money to operate.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-01-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 AM

Dealership does not find any error and they are claiming that everything is fine. They are just too hardheaded to understend that NOTHING is fine. We do not make up stories like my headlights just went out without a warning! And if there are several complaints about this problem then for once you should listen! But instead you are defending dealers and calling us unresponsible becouse we are trying to fix it ourselfs believeing everything is better then a sudden blackout in the middle of the night. And since the delaer claims there is nothing to FIX and customers knows that there IS something to fix we try to share our experiences over the forum. So if you do not have anything helpfull to say about this PROBLEM then keep all other out of context comments to yourselfs. It simple as that.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:01 PM

Wow. Third major argument on this forum and I've only been here a few weeks.

As for the problem at hand - erratic headlights, remember? Here's one fix someone came up with in his driveway and it didn't cost him a dime: Headlight flicker / shutting off problem - Fixed
Repairing or just disassembling and cleaning that switch has been posted on fourms for quite some time.

A reminder. Chrysler as with all manufactures have a bottom line to worry about. Recalls don't help that so they avoid them when they can. Here's where the public comes in. Anyone can file a complaint with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. ANYONE. When they collect enough complaints on a particular problem on a particular vehicle they investigate. If they determine the problem is a hazard to the public they force the manufacturer to issue a recall. No complaints filed - no recall. Simple.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks for something usefull at last. I was at the mechanic today and his first tougth was it wasn't a switch. What a surprise! After a while of playing around with the switch it was pretty obvious that the contacts are worn out. So, we went to order a new switch and surprisengly realised that there are none available in our country! They believe such parts do not need to be on stock becouse they do not fail! Yeah... right. So my car is parked once again... I'm so angry about this vehicle and the attitude of Chrysler mechanics that I can not help my self to flame anyone who defends profesionallity of them and put down on us customers for being stupid and unresponsible for trying to do fixes ourselfs!

Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 PM

BTW: I tried to file a complain but I was unable to do so becouse I'm not the resident of US.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:41 PM

Well, almost ANYONE.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Up4Si
Thanks for something usefull at last. I was at the mechanic today and his first tougth was it wasn't a switch. What a surprise! After a while of playing around with the switch it was pretty obvious that the contacts are worn out. So, we went to order a new switch and surprisengly realised that there are none available in our country! They believe such parts do not need to be on stock becouse they do not fail! Yeah... right. So my car is parked once again... I'm so angry about this vehicle and the attitude of Chrysler mechanics that I can not help my self to flame anyone who defends profesionallity of them and put down on us customers for being stupid and unresponsible for trying to do fixes ourselfs!
Living out of the US trying to get a US spec van fixed can put up a brick wall most of us don't have to deal with. I can understand your angst better now. Where are you?

Any friends who may be the type to tackle fixing your switch? There is a thread posted a year ago or so on another forum explaining how to do it with pics. I'll try to find it if you think that's an option.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:48 AM

I live in Slovenia, EU. In general I love american cars but our country does not have enoug representatives for US cars and so if you want do drive anything else then overpriced EU uglyness or Koren KIAs then you are pretty much on your own when it comes down to repairs. And anytime I ask for a advice here on forum I get the same answer - take it to the dealer. We have TWO dealers for Chrysler in whole country and everytime I put my car there to service they mess something else up or just don't find the source of the problem. But they know how to charge you big time every time. And that is really giving me headache so everytime there is something wrong with my vehicle I first go to find some online help and educate myself about a problem as much as I can. Only then I dare to take my car to the dealer becouse otherwise they will fix something else or broke something else and then charge you for that. That is why I try to do fixes myself. But as for the light switch I do not dare to tackle with it. I do have some friends that might be able to fix it but I would never be 100% sure that the fix is reliable. And as a result I would never feel comfortable driving at night and hence I want a new switch.
Furthermore, when I was browsing to find a switch online and import it to our country I could not find the one with an additional spinner for setting headlight height. I suppose only voyagers for export had that kind of switch? And that makes it even more hard to find it.
That is why I'm sometimes overwhelmed withy my angry feelings becouse I seek for concrete answers and solutions trying to educate myself about the problem but all I usually get is remarks about my unresponsibillity and cheapness. I would LOVE to pay someone who knows what and how to repair and do that in the reasonable time.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:25 PM

Yup, sure wish some in the US would educate themselves a bit more about their vehicles. I've read too many posts involving throwing part after part at a problem without fixing it. Sad thing is just a little system knowledge and a learning how to use a simple multimeter would save them time and a good chunk of money. Glad to see you make an effort.

Looks like I'm of little help. Maybe someone at this forum can help. I've seen folks write in from all parts of Europe. The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club

Old 11-07-2011, 03:58 AM

Thanks, I will check it out.

Quick Reply: 2005 T&C Headlight issues