Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 town and country

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Default 2005 town and country

I recently had both front struts replaced, the sway bar link pins, and the tie rods. The car is handling much better but not 100%, it still feels a little rough when going over bumps or a bad road and it makes noises. The shop put in Masterpro sway bar link pins, could this be the problem, do you think having them put in upgraded link pins would help resolve the issue. Has anyone one else had an issue with the brand? Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:13 PM

Is this a very high mileage vehicle, 200k +. I've never known one to need all that work on the front end. They all seem to knock and rattle a little once they get over 50k. A lot of owners fit new sway bar links but It didn't make any difference to mine, none of the garages I've used have been able to find the cause or provide a definitive solution and it's never failed an annual roadworthy inspection. (M.O.T. in the UK)

Old 04-27-2014, 03:02 PM

After having very similar problems and changing mounts, sway bar links, tie rods and other bushings i still hadn't cured the problem. After getting underneath with a bar and checking everything possible that i could get to i found my problem which was the lower control arm rear bush. Fairly easy to change. You can buy a new control arm or take a look at the link i will provide below and just order a replacement bush. Cured my knocking problem. Just make sure the part is compatible with your vehicle. Good Luck
1 CHRYSLER VOYAGER & GRAND VOYAGER LOWER SUSPENSION CONTROL ARM REAR BUSH ONLY! | eBay

Old 04-27-2014, 03:59 PM

Antiroll bar Bushes is your problem..There seems to be good bushes and Bad on the market, as the bad ones start rattling not long after being renewed....From my record don't buy import Flee-bay ones, use Motorfactors. These bushes when knackered give knocking, rattling sounds from below and noise is akin to arm bushes and links being knackered. So Examine below and it could save you big money.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Default Thanks.

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions, I will have the shop look at those things. The car actually has low miles, 77,000. I'm pretty sure the parking lot where I work had a lot to do with killing the suspension so soon. I also hear a rattling sound when I accelerate from a stop or going up an incline, it doesn't do it all the time though. Any ideas what that might be?

Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 PM

Yet again rattle is either coming from anti Roll bushes, Links or Control arms. One simple place for rattle is the front control arm bolt. I noticed last time that this bolt is quite a loose fit in the Control arm bushing and requires to be torqued when car is off jacks and down on the suspension.