Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2006 T&C Steering Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Default 2006 T&C Steering Issues

Hello. I bought a 2006 T&C about 2 years ago. Before buying, i had my mechanic look it over. He told me the sterring rack was leaking slightly. I went back to the dealer selling it and had him replace the rack before i bought it. All seemed well for a few months.

I started to then get some "popping/clicking" noises as i turned. It didn't bother me much at first, but it continue to get worse. I took it back to my mechanic who determined it was the sway bar bushings. Being the great guy he is, rather than charging me to replace them first, he put some grease on them. Problem solved!.....for a few weeks. After the grease wore off it started all over again.

Last week i had it in and we decided to simply replace the bushings. Problem solved!!!!.....for a week. It felt great for a week...nice and tight, quiet, etc. Now I'm noticing the popping coming back. I'm really frustrated. I"m also noticing now that I have quite a whine coming from the engine...seems to be the power steering pump from what I"m reading on line. I"m going to try to drain the fluid and replace it this afternoon with new ATF+4.

Do these things have anything in common? ANyone else have this problem or suggestion as we are running out of things to check. Think continues to be safe to drive if I have no leaks....just clicking???

Thanks!