Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 T&C Tire Pressure Sensor Light ON !

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Default RE: 2006 T&C Tire Pressure Sensor Light ON !

depends on which system you have some have a magnet that you have to use to retrain the sensors others you have to train them by driving above 15 mph for up to 10 minutes. The new system on the challenger CORA has only one transponder and can sense wheel speed and which wheel it is coming form.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: dodgetech1

depends on which system you have some have a magnet that you have to use to retrain the sensors others you have to train them by driving above 15 mph for up to 10 minutes. The new system on the challenger CORA has only one transponder and can sense wheel speed and which wheel it is coming form.
Okey, I'll agree with that and in actuallity the light did not go out untill my wife drove the car about 1/2 mile from home and did exceed 15 MPH. That would indicate the system I have doesn't respond to the magnet reset.

I'm still wondering however, what set it off in the first place?? Tire pressures will all right on the money when I checked them.. and we drove the car around several days with the light on! Still what caused the light to come on in the first place and why did it stay on till I used the magnet? Even after the magnet trick the light stayed on till the car was driven.. Local Chryseler tech who was reluctant to just talk to me about says " I dono buddy, bring it in"

Old 11-15-2008, 10:58 AM

We get paid to fix your car. When we talk on the phone to you and your car gets fixed thats money out of our pocket. its gone and it can never come back.

If the light was caused by low pressure it could of just been low by about 6 psi or high by 6 psi. maybe the wcm, wirless control module, couldn't find a sensor. maybe a battery in one of the sensors is getting weak. its pretty hard to tell what would cause it with out having a scan tool hooked up to it to find any trouble codes.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: dodgetech1

We get paid to fix your car. When we talk on the phone to you and your car gets fixed thats money out of our pocket. its gone and it can never come back.

If the light was caused by low pressure it could of just been low by about 6 psi or high by 6 psi. maybe the wcm, wirless control module, couldn't find a sensor. maybe a battery in one of the sensors is getting weak. its pretty hard to tell what would cause it with out having a scan tool hooked up to it to find any trouble codes.
I don't mind paying for a tech to work on my vehicle... I realize everone needs to work and feed a family and I wasn't trying to short-change anyone but my local dealership has a very bad bedside manner and thats the sales and techs "after the sale".. I've also got GM products and the techs there get my buisness because they treat me like a person with a concern and not a dollar sign. My hat is off to you sir for taking the time to review and assist owners outside your area.. You are head and shoulders in your abbility to communicate and assist us all for freee... Thank you